Does your personal suffering make you have more or less faith?

When there is a death in the family, a difficult situation, a fight, a broken heart, many people turn to religion and/or their belief in G0d to help them and make them feel better. They believe that there is a plan and a purpose for them that G0d will help them with. Other people are the opposite. They think that if this bad thing happened then how could there be a G0d and they turn away from spirituality. Where do you fall?

• I turn to religion, prayer, and/or faith in a higher power
  • I don't change anything when it comes to my spirituality
  • I turn away from religion, prayer, and/or faith in a higher power

Most Helpful Girl

• Last year was a really rough year for me. I lost a sister, went through financial hell, and just felt defeated. But if I took anything away from 2015, it was a stronger faith. I was constantly praying and reading my Bible. I'm not gonna pretend that I don't get upset and angry and wonder why God allows some things to happen. Recently I've been dealing with that a lot. But I believe that everything happens for a reason and that God wants the best for us even when we don't see it.

What Guys Said 1

• People like me are always left out of these questions. I never had religious faith so I don't turn away or get closer to anything when tragedy happens. Shit is going to happen in life so we gotta enjoy it for how beautiful it is for the short time we have here instead of living in misery and heartache.

• You aren't left out. You are the second option.

• Ah my bad I misread that option. I interpreted it as having a spirituality but not changing my level of faith.

What Girls Said 3

• My faith increases through every trial, because I'm always brought through with victory at the end :)

• When people are suffering they tend to turn towards faith even though when they were fine, they might not have needed religion.
    I tend to do this. We need to remind ourselves our creator made those fine times possibly and can get us out of our difficulties.
    Not tryna be all religious