Why do people who commit suicide go to hell?

i mean if i want to like see my creator why would i go to hell?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it is a crime, not against yourself, but to everyone who has done something for you.
    Do you know how much pain, anguish and dispair it causes the people you leave behind? They may never be able to move on with their lives.
    It's also a spit in the face to anybody who ever loved you, provided for you or attempted to support you. You're throwing it all back at them with emotional pain.

Killing yourself is a sin, not because of what you've done to yourself, but because of what you've done to everybody around you. You're gone afterall, it doesn't affect you.. But it can mentally haunt many, many people and the punishment is in relation to the selfishness of the act.

• @snowangle It's definitely a moral grey area. Like your building on fire scenario, what if they shot themselves then 2 seconds later the firefighters got in and would have saved them?
      Have you seen the film (or read the book, I'm intending to but haven't yet, I'm assuming it's the same) The Mist by Stephen King? I don't want to spoil the end in case you do, but it's similar to that. You just can't predict what was about to happen.
      Although long-term illnesses... Well again, there's many variables. Who says that person can't still enjoy the time they have left, what if there are pain killers which will dull the pain? And a family member who just wants it all over with could talk the patient/ill person into just ending it, if thats what they thought was best, even if the actual person didn't want to before. People are manipulative and I imagine that could happen. It's a tough subject ha, I think in only very few circumstances would it be acceptable, but sometimes it would be the best.

• Actually, if we just do not take into consideration all the religious gibberish, then it's more selfish for all the people around to force a mentally or physically tortured individual to keep living because they'd be sad if he got peace.
      After all he doesn't just have to live, he has to work, to interact with people, to shop, to go out, to clean all while being so depressed all he wants to do is die.

Most Helpful Guy

• Christianity promises people paradise after they died and said all their dreams would come true and they could live forever in the kingdom of heave etc. So if people really believe that, then what reason is there to say on this earth?
    Especially if your life isn't going that well.
    So that's why they had to put the part about suicide in there to stop people from killing themselves in hopes of getting to heaven faster.
    There is nothing that brainwashed people won't do, there are a bunch of stories where kults did mass suicide. I don't believe in heaven or hell and I don't believe suicide is a sin. I just think it's really sad if someone is so depressed that they take their own life.

What Girls Said 7

• Because your god fucking hates you?

Srsly there can't be a hell AND a loving creator in the same reality. Personally I don't think there's any of that shit in any reality, but for anyone to sentence some abused and depressed teenager who kills themself to ETERNAL AGONY is a disgusting piece of shit who isn't worth believing in.

Mike drop🖕🏼

• Because GOD granted you that life it's not up to you to end it!

• Because back in the days the priests had to come up with a way to convince people not to commit suicide, in order for them to stay on earth, suffering and paying most of their money in taxes to the priests and their churches :)

• Because God gave you life and for you to take it away it's a sin and it breaks his heart since he took the time and effort to create you. What happens is, when people commit suicide its based of the time. If it was your time to go, then you go to the gates and God will determine if you go to heaven or he'll. If it wasn't your time to go, you will roam the earth until it is.

• Because they can't pay taxes anymore...
    Hell's just a tool in the hands of church to terrorise and control the sheep.
    It does not exist, for there is no heaven, nor God.

• Well I'm not totally convinced that victims of suicide go to hell. That would just be a really depressing thought, and I for one believe my God is more merciful than that.

• i would love to believe this also

• I agree; why would that sin be different than others He forgives us for?

• And where did you get that? There's no proof of such a place even existing.

What Guys Said 7

• When a given mortal dies from any cause whatsoever, they will find themselves very directly standing before Jesus where in relatively short order (there is no "time" in Heaven) they will be issued a ticket. It's imperative we bear in mind that the ticket issued will be the one THEY chose and NOT God. However, only God knows the results beforehand.

• Because you ended someones life. Taking away life is a deadly sin. Suicide is characterised as worse than murder because, a murderer can repent for his sins someone who has committed suicide can not.

At least that's how a theologist explained it to me.

• I never understood that either, but I think it has to do with a seven deadly sin, violence against thy self or something like that.

• never understood it? please read my reply, it makes tons of sense to me.

• Because God hates quitters who avoid his torture and suffering and "tests" in life

• The Bible says no such thing

• They don't

... because there is no such thing as "hell"

• Because that's the idea that people who believe in some religions decided to embrace?