Who do YOU think is the biggest threat to world peace, and where are you from?

Just came across this from some economist. Apparently it shows who each country considers the top threat to world peace.

What are your thoughts and where are you from?

For the record, I think it's fascinating that India is paranoid about Pakistan, yet Pakistan is only worried about the States.

Most Helpful Girl

• Western world has always been aggressive and forcing western way and democracy in people. Which is a form of terrorism , but in general terrorism will be ems of world peace. According to the bible though , Europe is on the brink of collapse and they will be the end of world peace

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

What Guys Said 24

• As far as a serious threat I'd say China. There are lots of smaller threats including the US, but I think China poses the biggest threat of something serious happening.

Korea doesn't bother me at all. They don't have the capability to do much, and they won't have it in the foreseeable future.

Russia is a super power, but I just don't see them doing anything.

US gets involved in all kind of things, but it's all small local stuff.

The Middle East can still erupt into something fairly large, but it would still be regional. I don't see it spreading. Of course Israel could be either the instigator or receiver of something in the Middle East.

Of the rest of the larger military powers, I don't see anything happening from them.

Then there are all kinds of places where a nutty dictator could take over and cause a lot of trouble. But I don't see that being more than regional at the most.

Then of course there are distributed threats like terrorists. They aren't a country, but are scattered throughout the world causing problems.

• Like I said in that comment, I think what the economist's data meant is likely that the US is the most likely to get involved with foreign conflicts. They have the self interest and most resources in order to do that so I think that makes sense. I don't think this data is trying to say these countries think the US is the biggest threat to world peace in terms of conquest. So by "threat to world peace" I think they think the US is the most likely to start any kind of conflict over an issue like terrorism or even being the most likely country to protect an ally from invasion. Obviously the US has no desire to invade another country.

Technically China is occupying the Paracel Islands that aren't considered their land according to international law because they took the island by killing the Vietnamese people occupying it back in the 70s with military force. Ironic to this question, when the Vietnamese soldiers where being attacked by Chinese ships, the US fleet near I believe near the Philippines were contacted by the Vietnamese but the US refused to help them. Most of us know about Russia and Crimea. North Korea would likely love to bomb South Korea but the threat to world peace US wants to help them for some reason :/

• I think more Americans should see this so they can realize that people fear the United States more than anything else out there. America is seen as the greatest threat to the world and there are Americans that support more war. We are not going to have any friends left eventually.

• 1. The economy going to sh! t
    2. Russia
    3. China
    4. USA

The US mostly runs the world so there's little sense in them starting any serious war; they have the most to lose. On the other hand Russia is trying to claw back power and China is on the rise.

This is all based on the theory that the US population won't elect Trump. If that happens, they take top spot.

• I don't think the US has to "start" something, to be the biggest threat.

Just their existence, their army and weapons, is a threat to many places.

• @Betwyn True. I think a lot of nations see America as being like the toughest guy in prison and the most tempting target to fight so they can prove themselves.

• also, the hit them first before they are ready for it situation.

• I don't know. I can't put my finger on a single country alone.
    However, I do believe that the U. S. government, through foreign policy, has done some deplorable acts in the name of "freedom and democracy". A huge chunk of problems in the Middle East, North Africa and Afghanistan can be traced back to the actions of the U. S. government. I can see why people would put America as the number 1 threat to world peace.
    I'm Malaysian.

• That pic is a joke, I say so because it's not surprising the communist/socialist dictatorships would hate the US. Hooray for state media For almost 60 years radical Islam, funded by Iran, has been one of the most destabilizing factors on the planet. That is from a militaristic perspective. As a global threat to regional destabilization, the Communist and Capitalist "silent cold war" for resources is the largest at a global scale.

• Are you aware what the US did to Iran?

• @Fugue two separate concepts. The US did not establish the theocracy in Iran. That was an uprising brought on by the Soviet Union trying to pull Iran away from it's oil dealings with the West. I'm not sure you are fully versed on what happened in Iran from say 1900 until today if you believe US foreign policy is the driver.

• The US killed a democratically elected authority in Iran. Full stop. You can dismiss it as trivial, but that's your opinion, and I'd think it's quite silly. ANd if you do that it's boring, but it's your choice.

• How in hell does the UK have Mexico as what they consider the biggest world threats? I know that's not true at all. I'd say it depends on the region though

• I'm from Brazil and I don't think most people would agree that the United States are the top threat to World peace.

Personally, I believe North Korea and Russia are the ones we should be worried about. ;)

• I know, right?

Kim Jong Un - North Korea's only fat person, is running around with a nuke and nobody to stop him.

• I agree. I think the wording used in the title can be very deceiving to what people voting on this meant. I think they meant the US is the most likely to get involved in some conflict (usually minor) than "threat to world peace" which I think makes sense. I don't think many voting countries think the US wants to wage a personal war on the world for conquest though (which the title of this question may imply). If that's what the US wanted (they don't), they are the most equipped to potentially do that. If North Korea or Russia had the resources, I agree there's a good chance they would try and claim other nations.

• USA and every middle eastern country needs to learn to share and chill the fuck out. Life isn't all about oil and bombing the shit out of countries to send the Cia in to traffic drugs for 50-100 a gram. The US is like the world police mind your business if anything bomb the shit out of isis or the starving countries cause lord knows you'd rather spend money chasing oil or killing rag heads then feeding the poor and homeless in your own country or in africa

• The US is the biggest threat to world peace if Trump or Cruz become president. They've already announced that on the first day in office they'll carpet bomb the rest of the world.

• I think this map takes an extremely simplistic approach to a very complex issue.
    Me, I have yet to hear of a greater evil than human greed.

• Israel and the US clearly, and maybe the UK.

• I think Islam and Regressive Leftism are the biggest threats.

• ISIS

• China and Russia but I would say Saudi Arabia as at the minute they fund ISIS.

• India is paranoid with Pakistan because of the history between the two countries.

• Well. .. if we were to be technical, it'd be the history between the three countries.

• Im from Amaerica and i think it's trump lol

• Man and his negative ambitions

• Still take our money though, don't they?

• Fascinating

• Islam. As in, the ideology.
    Say that, and watch people, who have never read the Koran, the Sura, or the Hadith, as their head explodes, as if I am some racist, because I judge an idea as bad.
    Fucking hypocrites.
    "All republicans are evil!"
    "Anyone who thinks global warming isn't real should be jailed!"
    "There is no evil on Earth that compares to Christianity!"
    "The Jews control everything!"
    some how, all this judgement of others based on the ideology they belong to is legitimate.
    I point out that I oppose the ideology founded by a man who kept slaves, raped a 9 year old, ordered the execution of thousands, and spawned a 1,400 year old death cult, and I'M the fucking bigot.
    Despite the fact that I make it clear my issue is with Islam, the ideology, and NOT the general Muslim population, who are just people, who just want to live their lives, and many of whom don't know very much about their own faith.

• The think the United States should have the United States flag since they are their own worst nightmare lol

• Social media and modern technology... seriously...