How much do you think it will cost to get this fixed?

My friend had this happen to her car. She thought she could just fix it with a wire hanger. I told her it needs to be towed and fixed by a shop. How much do you think it will cost? I want to help her out, but..

What Guys Said 3

• Looks like just the flange bolts have rusted away between the two sections. Any muffler shop should be able to drill new holes and re-bolt it. If you can get under the car, you can use wire hanger to get it off the ground so you can drive it and avoid paying a tow truck.

• Dont need a tow truck, as long as the wire holds. Like the other guy said, its just a couple bolts rusted out. shouldn't cost more than $50 to fix, if you know anybody that knows their way around a tool box you shouldn't even need a mechanic.

• if both flanges are in good shape than you can use a new gasket and bolts to put it back together. but if the flanges are not then thats when it gets expensive to fix. the cost depends on the make model of car.

What Girls Said 0