My dad alsed for my passcode and says he wants to check my phone?

will he check my messages?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is quite possible... I think teens forget that if their parents pay for their phone plans then they own the phone, not you!

If you are doing something with the phone that is inappropriate then they have the right to take the phone or just cut the service.

If you are paying for the phone and service, then he really does not have the right to look at your phone.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's asking to check your phone, then yes, he's going to check your messages. That's probably the main thing he's going to check, that and your photos.

What Guys Said 18

• Do people even care about privacy anymore? Just delete your messages and you can have apps that have passcodes on them to hide certain things like photos and such. Also delete your history.

• Depends on what this is all about. In other words, what gave him the idea to suddenly check your phone.

• He just randomly checks

• Ok. Delete any dirty stuff (things you would not want him to see) but leave everything else. If you delete everything then he might suspect you did it on purpose because you had something he would not like on your phone.

• I couldn't tho coz he keeps my phone at night and asked me to leave it in his room in the morning for him to check my messages, plus I didn't know he was gonna check them

• Sounds like he's heard something from another concerned parent. Have you maybe been doing something he wouldn't approve of and he's heard about it? ie drinking, smoking, drugs, bullying, sex, sexting, hanging with a bad crowd, dating older boys, sending nude pics, webcam shows. Something must be up if he wants access to your phone.

• I haven't done anything like that that you've mentioned and plus not many people know what I get up to at school so it's hard to find out what I do

• Must be a reason why he wants to see your phone all of a sudden. Believe it or not people always know, a friend tells a friend tells a friend who tells everyone. If you have nothing to worry let him see your phone as that will settle the matter now and in the future. His peace of mind will mean peace for you.

• I think so, yeah. He wants to establish surveillance to make sure you aren't doing anything silly like sending people nude pictures.

• He will check your messages, your snaps, your calls, your Skype log, your internet history, and what not.

• Yes, he will.

Best thing to do is go to the settings and wipe your phone. Restore to factory default. Or, don't text shit you don't want daddy to see.

• Probably. I'd refuse if I were you. It's kind of a dick move for him to do that anyway.

• Considering she's 13 refusing is not exactly an option. Its his phone not hers.

• @In-sight-ful
      Look, some parents pay for their child's phone, and also respect their privacy. Some don't. But overall, it's their choice whether they want to do that or not- neither is inherently wrong.

• @In-sight-ful actually it's my granddads phone, he bought it then gave it to me, and I'm paying for my contract so

• You're screwed haha

• Yup, good luck.

• I would assume it is not just so he can check if airplane mode works.

• But maybe she is getting ready to fly some place... :-)

• @Red_Arrow Depending on what is on her phone she may be flying across the room.

• Wtf? Ok so my dad didn't check if airplane mode works, and second that is impossible to fly across the room 😂

• Don't give it to him @Mimmy , he needs to respect your right to privacy

• Most likely. You shouldn't have anything to worry about if you are following the rules

• Yes, destroy it.

• Yes He will check youryour messages & contacts too.

• He has every right to check whatever he wants.

• Actually he doesn't that is invading my privacy and I don't do that to his phone so he has no right to check mine

• And if you don't care what I say then I'm not sure why you're still arguing with me.

• He will check everything

• Yup.

• Oh yes and everything else I would suggest using a finger print lock

What Girls Said 10

• you are 13 and no matter what you maybe think you dont know much about the world and the dangers. When parents check your phone and activity online etc is only because they are trying to protect you and not because they want to invade your privacy. I can not believe how many immature and ignorant people here talk against your dad and giving you advice to delete your messages

• Well that's true, he read them and there is nothing I can do about it

• heya!
    Yes oh yes! he will go through every crook and cranny of that phone. So i am warning you or giving you bad advice and telling you to delete anything inappropriate! So porn, boys msging you, photos that aren't suppose to be there. Anything incriminating against you. And if you have to do any of these things then you got to realize that it's not okay. Except maybe porn...
    take care :)

• Thanks for the help, he only checks my messages as he knows there are private photos on there

• most probably...

• just delete them in case haha xD

• Erase history and anything possibly incriminating like messages from boys etc, like from your boyfriend. Do it now.

• Yeah but he read them this morning and found out everything, and plus he said to keep my phone in his room, so I didn't go home after school and kind of basically ran away

• Please follow your parent's rules so you don't get in trouble again♡

• I will follow them

• He will check everything, you're 13 so I don't blame him for wanting to know what's going on in your life. At 13 you hopefully shouldn't have much to hide though so it shouldn't be a problem.

• You know for all the arguing that you deserve privacy you are extremely childish. My dad used to take my phone and go through my stuff all the time, because that's what parents do, when you are 13 and under your parents guidance you don't get privacy. I can guarantee I will be going through my kids phones some day, I dont want to be the parent that has no idea their kid was having sex and then comes home pregnant at 14. If you really have nothing to hide like it says in all your comments then it shouldn't matter anyway. Let him check your phone, he'll find nothing and give it back. Seriously not the end of the world.

• Your not helping

• I answered your question. Will he check my messages? Yes he will. I just offered my own opinion and you don't like it.

• Sure if he wants to, its his phone. Unless you bought it and you pay all the monthly bills on it.

• Acctualy it's my phone not his and I own it so he has to ask me for my permission to read them which he didn't

• So you pay the monthly bills on it? And the contract is in your name?

• Thats the first thing anyone would do once they ask for your mobile 😶

• Yeah, my dad used to do it all the time as well.

• Yeah he probably does