Should I go to my ex's Fathers funeral?

My ex and I where together for 3 years, and broke up 3 years ago. The 3 years we where together his family was my second home. My ex and I for 2 years now have talked everyday either by text or snapchat and he has become a good friend. His current girlfriend, of 3 years now, does not know this. She has gotten upset the few times we hung out. When we broke up I cut off contact with his family and friends. Just to try to help with moving on. Besides talking to his parents every once in a while to see how they are doing. His father was in an accident on Saturday and passed away. He had such a good heart and was a good guy. I feel horrible for my ex and his family. Anyways, I donated to the gofundme for the funeral, but I have not decided If I should go to the funeral or not. I do not want to upset his current girlfriend and start drama with her, so I automatically assumed no. Now I am starting to feel like I should go to show support and because his dad was a big part of my life for a few years. Like I said, we talk everyday, so I asked him, and he said that I shouldn't even have to ask.
I don't know, with his girlfriend being there, and everyone I haven't seen in years, I do not know what to do.

Also, do people do the all black thing with funerals still? (It's been awhile)

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go hang out at the back it will be fine

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go. 3 years is a long time and if you're still talking you still have a friendship.
    Give your condolences to his family. You don't need to stay that long there. Be respectful toward the girlfriend. Don't hover around them and try to pull him aside alone. Just show your support. Come with your family if you wish, because I'm assuming the rest of your family knew his family after 3 years as well.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Are you going to pay respect to his Father? You wrote "I cut off contact with his family" then why go? On the other hand you wrote how good of a heart his Father had.
    You're obviously seriously considering going SO if it's solely for his Mother & Father go IF it's not too inconvenient.
    I would just go to the wake.

Yes black or dark colors are still traditional at funerals & wakes.

• I wouldn't want you there

What Girls Said 1

• If they were like a second home then your obviously grieving. Funerals are for closure so go. I don't know how popular his father was but I haven't been to a funeral yet where you didn't have the option to avoid certain people. Go for you don't worry about her