If you could stop all war and murder by having no opposite sex, would you do it?

Nobody has to be killed. Let's just say they stop being born, or the opposite sex all magically transforms, or whatever you want. And parthogenesis, or whatever, would keep the species alive.

• Yes, goodbye opposite sex
  • No, not war and murder is a worthy price
  • No, I like war and murder

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, seriously speaking if the cosmic space God told me if I gave up sex I could save the world of war and murder, even just murder, I would give up sex. My sexual gratification with men isn't worth someone dying or someone feeling the pain of having a loved one ripped from them.

I would give up sex. Other people could have it. I would however batter that people had to become more peaceful in general, rape, theft, and other crimes are still bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. People are stupid, huh. Im high as fuck and even I get the premise. They can't read.

Yes. If I could stop all war and murder by eliminating the opposite gender, I would do so. Icing on the cake would be if the remaining humans could no longer reproduce with any method.

I'm assuming one wouldn't really miss the opposite gender, given that their biology would change to asexual reproduction. Under the parthenogenisis model.

Assuming I would miss the opposite gender, I would still do it. Anyone who has any inkling of what war is like would do it. Unless they're just profoundly selfish and narcissistic.

What Girls Said 5

• That's like saying that eliminating males as a whole would result in all remaining women to live together inc complete harmony. With no war caused by (figurative) backstabbing, gossiping, etc..

I'm not so sure that's what would happen. Without guys there to give us a reason to feel like we have to one-up each other, largely fueled by competition for male attention. Let's not forget that we'd still feel that need in the workplace/academic environments.

• That's not really the premise that I'm presenting. This is a hypothetical where it is guaranteed.

• Heck nah. I ain't about that life.

• I'm pretty sure not having relations witrh the opposite sex is what causes war and murder... no? :P

• Our genders need each other

• Nah son

What Guys Said 13

• There's a huge problem with your theory: reproduction. Without the other sex, the human species would cease to exist.

• Failure to read question.

• You have egg on your face and you know it. Go ahead. Keep trolling.

• Not really, you just bored everyone with this comment and follow ups.

• Yes upset the established order, rid the world of these men... all hail MEIN FEMDOM
    ...
    hell no
    ...
    War and murder is just as much apart of being human as anything else, eliminating one sex doesn't fix that.

• Ends never justify the means, so no, I couldn't do it. We need to move past war and murder organically through our own human development and choice, not because I forced change on everyone artificially.

• This world we be boring as hell with not conflict. Anyways, what are we going to do with all the government numb-nuts if there is no war or conflict.
    Oh Gawrsh, they would have to be a functioning part of society!

• I'm only saying no, because I have people I love who are the opposite gender, I can deal with there being no Opposite sex, but I can't deal with loosing those I love

• nope

• There wouldn't be any war and murder because we'd probably die out as a species. Well, if all women died, men would just come up with a scientific way to reproduce. If all men died, women would all die, but they'd still be blaming men for everythingl

• We'd all turn gay eventually as a result so no thanks

• I like war and murder.

• but who is going to make me a sammich? :(

but really it would not work in my view

• Sounds kinda gay.

• Wot? Only gay people'd do dat...

• Feck no, because my right hand would go on strike due to over-usage