Which would win in a fight if pitted against each other: Lion, tiger, or bear?

An odd question, I know, but I'm genuinely curious to know what you think!

(And no the lion cannot be in a pride, it must be ALONE.)

African Lion vs. American Grizzly vs. Siberian Tiger

Most Helpful Girl

• They have some what tested the lion and tiger fight.

The only reason why a tiger has issues killing a male lion. Is due to it's mane. It's the only thing keeping it safe and winning. If it didn't have the mane then the tiger would kill the lion really fast and quickly. So basically this question is kind of like asking. Who would win in a fight? A ninja or a samurai?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObyxvKn-NE

• Lol I have to keep explaining this. First of all, if the animals are in an encloses space, the lion is more likely to win because the tiger relies on its SPEED.

Not to mention that is a BENGAL tiger and I'm talking about a SIBERIAN tiger. Much larger.

• This has made me happier if the Siberian tiger can do it. ^^

• Actually the bengal isn't that much smaller. The Bengal would probably win against the lion tbh.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I read a story once about a captured Grizzly and a captured male lion getting into a fight by mistake. The Grizzly killed the lion by swiping the lion in the face with it's claws, they cut right through the lions skull or something. The bear had such thick fur and fat the lion didn't do much damage to the bear.

I tried but can't find the article anymore so I might be remembering incorrectly, I only skimmed it the first time through.
    www.blackbearheaven.com/.../grizzlybear10.jpg

• Lol I just added the lion to throw you off. Of course the lion would lose.

Really, the tiger and the bear are about equal. Both are equally strong but bears take more hits and tigers are faster.

• And has sparked MANY debates

• LOL ya! it's awesome.

What Girls Said 7

• Bear-it has more to work with, more size, thicker protection from fat and fur.
    Then Lion or Tiger. A big tiger could easily take on a Tsavo lion. But a large male with a good mane and capable fighting skills, well, a tiger might have to work hard for it's survival.
    But I think the bear would easily win, they're massive, extremely powerful, and can take a lot before they go down.

Just don't put Leo in the situation, it might shake up the hierarchy.

• Tiger actually has a decent chance against the bear.

SO first of all, the lion, mane or not, is screwed. The tiger is simply too strategic, fast and strong.

Second of all, lions hit and bite just as hard as bears. Bears can take the hits and weigh twice as much but tigers are faster and kill more efficiently

• I really think a big male bear, especially kodiak, but we're talking grizzly here, could take on and kill a lion and a tiger. Lions have the advantage that they can be ferocious but so can bears. Tigers may be nasty, but so are bears. I would hope to never see a bear-tiger brawl, but if there was one, I'd put my money on the bear. In a fight like that, you need protection since both animals are packing terrible claws, bear has more to buffer those blows and it's huge.

• Oh I never said anything about the tiger being nasty. It is fast and VERY precise, killing its enemies with a shot to the jugular. And since the bear is slower and more clumsy, one mistake will be the bear's doom.

The bear can take more hits, though, and weighs twice as much as the tiger. But the tiger is equally as strong.

Both stand a fighting chance. One mistake will kill that animal

• i would say the grizzly. a lion hunts and attacks as a pride as such.. wouldn't do too well on its own the tiger could have a chance but because the bear is biggest and animals usually submit to bigger animals id say the grizzly. depends on the animals gender too i think

• No contest here.
    1. Tiger
    2. Bear
    3. Lion

• Lol I've done my research, so let me say this:

First of all, you're right, lion is OUT

Second of all, honestly tiger v. bear it could go either way. First of all, a bear weighs twice as much as a tiger, and is MUCH stronger. And can also take more hits. But a tiger is faster, and goes for the kill.

Honestly that battle is almost unpredictable

• Where's my candy?

• @takumii It's 8 1/2 months away

• I say they all have a fair chance but if we were talking a Kodiak not a Grizzly then both the Lion and the tiger would not stand a chance

• Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! :P

Bear maybe? It could throw them off it pretty easily.

• It's between the tiger and the bear, really. Tigers and bears are equally strong. Tigers are faster but bears can soak up more hits.

• I would jk jk 😂😂😂😂

• I would like to watch and fuck the winner.

What Guys Said 14

• 1. Siberian Tiger
    2. Grizzly Bear
    3. Lion
    Why? Both Tiger and the Bear can take out a Buffalo by themselves, but Lion can't... they usually hunt in packs (most lionesses, because male lions are too lazy).
    Basically, it all comes down to Tiger's speed and tactics Vs Bear's strength and intelligence.

• I've found that it will fluctuate between the bear and the tiger. The bear can take more hits than the tiger but the tiger is faster and smarter

• Lol just take a look at the debates that have sparked up

• Interesting :D

• The bear will win, they're more powerful than the tiger.
    The lion won't win against any of those two, so he's out, but the bear is a beast.

Tigers aren't meant for that kind of fighting, just like any other cat. They're meant for sneaking and fast attacks. Bears go all in, they're more prepared for that kind of fighting than a tiger.

• Actually a tiger is just as strong as a bear. A bear can take more hits but they both hit just as hard. A tiger is MUCH faster, and goes for the kill.

Basically, if one animal makes a mistake it's SCREWED

• lions, more ferocious, lots of pounds of force in the jaw
    tigers, quicker, sharper claws, ripping motion after bite
    bear, more paw force, but slow...
    so...

tiger, lion, bear

• Here's the thing: Lion loses. Immediately. I'm sorry, but a lion (assuming it's male) weighs 420 pounds. Meanwhile a tiger weighs 800. It's FASTER, it's STRONGER, it knows how to kill, it's accurate, etc.

Bear may be slower but holy shit can it take a punch. Bears weigh twice the weight of the tiger. Tiger has equal strike force of a bear, but a bear can take a tiger's strike more than a tiger can a bear's.

Basically one mistake means you're done in that fight

• 1. Grizzly
      2. Siberian
      3. Lion

1 and 2 are interchangeable

• knew that from the get go.

• Tiger, Bear then Lion.

Tiger is the ambush predator with power equal to all 3 of these. Capable to taking down elephants on its own. Can also hide in water to ambush.

Bear is second because Lion is weak enough that it needs to hunt in pacts.

• Say this isn't an ambush. It's like an open field with no tall grass.

And elephants? Lol dude just saying next to nothing can take down full grown elephants.

• They are pretty tough considering how small they are.

• @Jay_jay_101 Yeah. Considering that an average baby elephants weigh half the weight of a full grown male lion, no, they're not that tough.

Lions are at the BOTTOM of our list. So sadly, against a tiger or a bear that is 5x its size, it's donezo. Surry.

• Bear is bigger and just a mobile as a lion and tiger.

• Bear would beat both easily. Then a lion would beat a tiger. They did a fun study on it and an adult lion should in theory take out a tiger why? The lions mane. Protects the neck and both lion and tiger go for the neck. The tiger would grab fur, lion would grab the flesh.

• Actually the tiger is known to search for weaknesses (intelligent creature) and goes for the jugular. Plus, its strike is MUCH too powerful for the mane to be deadly. A lion would EASILY fall to a tiger

And keep in mind, a tiger's swipe is just as powerful as a bear's, and it is much faster.

• Polar bear will EASILY crush a siberian, I know that. But basically grizzly vs. siberian they are both equally strong. Basically, one makes a mistake and it's done for.

• I just watched the show where the tiger and the lion faced off. It was pathetic how incorrect and inaccurate that was. The tiger would've won 10 times over.

Not to mention I said a SIBERIAN tiger.

• Grizzly bear, no doubt, they have such armor and are used to fighting other grizzlys. On top of that they weight double the lion and have massive fangs and claws that are a real driving force.

• The lion is out, for sure. Let'sjust make that clear :D

I'm stuck between tiger and grizzly. The tiger is MUCH faster, equal strength, smarter, and knows how to kill fast. But the grizzly can take more hits.

Basically if either animal makes a mistake, it's done for.

• True but tigers are somewhat lazy at times. RIP my retard question

• Lol bears r somewhat lazy at times, too.

RIP what now?

• The African Lion would definitely beat the tiger for thats what they are built for were as the tiger lives alone and is more of a hunter than a fighter. Tge Bear I asume you mean (brown, grizzly or polar) has the edge on size but I think the big cats could take them. A good one would have been a dire wolf vs lion.

• Oh no the tiger would beat the bear. The tiger is significantly larger, faster AND stronger than the lion.

• Yes female lions do this as they are built to hunt while the males are built to fight.

• And yet male lions are built to fight OTHER lions, which are 420 pounds. A male tiger is 420 pounds. Meanwhile a tiger is 800 pounds, TWICE the weight of the lion. AND it's faster AND it's more strategic (knows the killing blows) that are not only on the neck but are also the rib cage. Not to mention that a tiger's strike would knock a lion unconscious, mane or not.

• Tigers typically can kill a lion with a single smack to the head, as they have enough power in a paw.

Bear? Probably tiger would win.

• Bear
    Tiger
    Lion

• i would put money on the Grizzly

• I'm stuck between grizzly and tiger on this one

• it might take some digging, I think it is over 10 years old

• Google is not much digging

• Lion 💁

• They are both capable, but the bear is more durable than the tiger. I give it to the bear. But there's too many factors that come into play.

• The cats would run away. They're not stupid.

• A tiger vs. a bear, tigers have been known to kill grizzlies before.

Now, of course the lion would run.