As in they give up all parental rights and duties.
- Yes, if women have a way out (abortion) then men should have a way out as well.Vote A
- No, they should be responsible in some way for their own creation.Vote B
- OtherVote C
Most Helpful Guy
A woman can have an abortion.
A woman can place the child up for adoption without father's consent.
A woman can abandon a baby, and all responsibility for it, at certain safe spaces.
If women have every opportunity, before and after birth, to choose to not be a mom, and to be allowed to walk away, no strong attached, from THEIR CREATION, then it is only fair to offer men every opportunity to do the same.
Anyone who thinks it is immoral for a man to be aloud to refuse parenthood either must also think it is immoral for women to, or must come out and admit that they do not believe in equality, and that men must, in their eyes, be held accountable in ways a woman is not expected to be accountable.
1) any parents must be a parent
2) any parent must have the right to refuse parenthood, with conditions
3) any parent must have the right to refuse parenthood, absent conditions
4) men must be held accountable in ways women are not, despite this inherently implying less is expected of women (full in the knowledge that a lesser expectation implies that they must be inferior, so so much burden should not be placed on them)
equality, equality, equality, or blatant sexism. Those are the choices.
Funny how many women accept sexism that says they are less capable, if it protects them from the consequences of their actions.5
Most Helpful Girl
I think it should work like abortions do. They should get a limited period of time to decide whether to be in the kid's life or not - if they choose yes, that's something they can't get out of after tat time period is up and they have to be involved and pay maintenance. If they choose no, then they have no contact with the kid and don't pay anything. It works out fairly then.8