What's the youngest age you can remember things from?

I clearly remember some things from age 3-4, just normal days playing with friends or something somebody said or did and of course big events. My boyfriend thinks it's weird as he only remembers things from when he was around 9 and up.
Who's normal, me or him? When do you remember from.

Most Helpful Guy

• 2 years old. I jumped out of a van and busted my chin open on the curb. 7 stitches. Then 5 years old trying to feed the dogs, held the top of the can wrong and sliced my thumb. 5 stitches on my 5th birthday. I remember a few things from kindergarten. So 5 is probably the generally earliest I can remember. Though, I can't remember shit from my teenage years. Just bulletpoints of major events, mostly. I can't recall it, but some memories do pop up from time to time. I'd say I remember a years worth of events from my entire teenage hood. Defense mechanism maybe.

As for who's normal, I dunno. If you remembered being born you would be especially abnormal. I think you're more on the abnormal side depending on how many memories you have. I think most people only have fragmented memories of that young. Or none at all.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• I remember getting my diapers changed. I kept trying to reach down and do it, and my mom would push my hands away. Finally she let me try to put the pin in. I got it through the diaper but wasn't strong enough to close it. That was in the days before disposable diapers. I was totally fascinated by how you could take a square diaper, fold it half to make a triangle - then the way I thought of it "the long ones go around the sides and the short one goes up the middle." I thought that was the coolest thing.

I remember feeding my baby sister. I would have been around three then.

When I was four I remember getting sick the night before we went to Florida. I had a fever and my parents were up all night putting wet towels on me to cool me down. Then I remember my father carrying me to the car the next morning.

By five my memories are very clear and detailed. I remember kindergarten very clearly.

• 3 to four is when the brain starts retaining memories so its normal. My oldest memories where from that time as well so your not alone. They are usually fragmented though.

• I would say 6 years maybe.

• I can remember random things from way back but have no idea how old is was. My short term memory sucks probably because of depression off and on for years, genetics and marijuana. I can remember my cousin who gave me a gift one year they passed away really young I was like 4 at the time. I hardly remember or choose to block out the uneventful high school years

• probably 2-3 years old. bot only some very fragmented pieces.

• It depends... I remember things from being a toddler... I'd say both of you are normal... brains work differently and each person has different experiences they remember.

• My memories start from the age of 3.

• I remember bits and pieces back to about 3. Clear memories only start at around 9

• When I was 2... I can remember those yellow walls and monkeys in the town

• 4 or 5 before preschool watching the dust from the window light.

• 1-2. I seem retarded but I have a mind like a steel trap.

• 17 months it was my parents telling me I was getting a brother

What Girls Said 3

• When I was 4 I had my appendix out and remember being in the hospital with an IV hooked up.

• like 4-5ish

• Like 10, i have a very bad memory when it comes to my childhood...