Are you born gay?

• heck, no!
  • yep
  • not sure
could a person be born gay?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody is born gay, no matter how much they may want to believe it.

• I feel you.

• @RandomPerson1324 How do I know this? Because it's the mind control that certain people in this world are trying to instill into other people. And apparently it's working, because people are going along with it. Those certain people are trying to mess with nature by doing this.

• Thank you very much for MHGO.

What Girls Said 20

• My personal "favorite" is the people who SIMULTANEOUSLY believe that people are born gay AND that "gender is a social construct".

45.media.tumblr.com/.../...qsYInH1qci23co1_500.gif

I mean, when people start having arguments WITH THEMSELVES without even realizing it, you've officially entered the twilight zone.

• Gay isn't a gender. Sexual orientation and gender are not the same.

Neither are gender and the social spheres of gender.

You are born with genitalia, in most cases, you are assigned a gender, then what you experience in life and how you experience that is based on social spheres... True cult of womanhood, self made man. That sort of stuff, is societal. Expected behaviour is a societal construct.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do at all with 'gender being a social construct'

Simple rebuttal to your comment is, how is gay a gender?

• I don't think so. It's something that's acquired with time like any other taste.
    When I was born I didn't even think about my sexuality until a certain age.

• Meh, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I was born bi. There were no real nurture effects to cause it, considering I was raised to be homophobic.

• Yup, and double yup

• Psychologists don't even know whether one can be born gay or not, so I remain on the fence. I wouldn't be surprised if it was found to be an interaction between nature and nurture.

• Not me personally, but I do believe that people are born gay if they are.

• Not sure!

• This is a question that I struggle with.

• no, i do not think people are born gay

• Yes, I think people born gay.

• Not sure, never been proven. Sure science will figure it out soon though. Right now everyone saying "YES" is basing it on the conditioning we have been taught and their feelings and everyone saying "NO"is basing it on their feelings.

• Yes people are born gay. Meanwhile conservatives are taught religion.

• How do you KNOW this?

• @RandomPerson1324 well first were you born straight? I asked a friend of mine who is gay marriage hat he says to people like you who think he chooses to be gay and he said his response is always, "why would I choose to be a minority, seen as inferior to the religious nuts, or choose to let people know I amgay and live in fear they will treat me like crap?"

• Yes you are.

• 100% yes

• I wanna say it's a mixture, can't stand it these days

• Tbh I'm bi so it's kinda different but it took dating a girl to realize that im Into them

• Of course honey they are.

• no why

• Not sure. Makes sense tho

• Why does it make sense? How could it be genetic if they can't reproduce with each other?

• @RandomPerson1324
      I don't know aren't there some things that dont really make sense genetically/biologically speaking? It might not be the "norm" but it could be a possibility that it does happen for whatever reason. Maybe we as humans just dont understand yet? I know little to nothing about biology and how this all works tho so thats why i said i initially i wasn't sure.

• You are what you are, nobody has any right to say otherwisse.

What Guys Said 33

• If the question is if I was personally born gay, the answer is no. I am heterosexual.

If the question is "Is someone born gay?" (like versus turning gay over a lifetime... Nature vs nurture), I'd say the answer is yes. There is a little bit of evidence that supports the hypothesis that homosexuality starts in the womb.
    For instance, there is an animal (I forget-- I think it was a type of male rat or something) that will do homosexual behaviors if you castrate while it is in the womb. If you castrate it after birth, it stays heterosexual though.
    Another thing is that there have been studies that show that a dude with older brothers is 33% more likely to identify as gay per each older brother. So if there is a guy born with two older brothers, he is 66% more likely to be gay. (That being said: don't misinterpret it. It is not saying that a dude has 33% chance of being gay... Only a 33% chance more likely... So if the original percentage of being gay was 3%, the 33% chance would just make the new chance 4%).

That being said, scientists aren't really sure of the why yet on any of it. They just are pretty sure it is something that happens in the womb, hence one is "born gay."

Source: learned it in my psychology of sex class. If someone is wanting to know more about it, I could always look into my notes for more details.

• I'm impressed you keep your notes from previous classes and have them on hand upon request lol
      You going places m8
      Like mars, u could be an astronaut

• Ask profs when u register for next semester if OK to use older editions of the text, almost always is OK and buy older editions for dirt cheap off amazon. Skip the bookstore, save hundreds!

• @ConsultantIsBack I try to buy online versions personally to save money. For things like calculus though, they always change the homework problems so one has to buy new versions.

• I don't believe people are born gay. I think it happens over time. Often as a result of constant bad experiences with women or men.

• Recent twin-studies suggest that a persons sexuality is mostly decided by their environment. Upbringing, friends, etc.

• I don't think I was, no.

• It's not like everyone decides to become gay. On top of the research, there's a shitload of young kids that claim to have same gender attraction at such young ages.

• I believe everyone is born and always will be straight. That gayness is a sort of mental illusion, if not illness. (Similarly, I feel a sex change is no more than a costume...)
    I'm not hating on gay/les/bi people. I simply believe it's not natural in my opinion.

• No I'm not and I don't believe any one is actually.

• Nope it's a choice like any other.

• No, at birth baby have no sexuality at all. Babies have not reached that level of maturity yet.

• I think we learn to be repulsed but we don't learn to be attracted.

So I go with yes, as my heterosexuality was an innate thing that developed when I turned 13.

• People can't be born gay

• Are you born straight?

• I think so. I never consciously chose to be straight so I guess gays never 'chose' to be fudge packers either.

• I think attraction is built over time and due to your surroundings and childhood.

• I don't think you're born straight or gay.

• If you're gay you were born gay, if you were asking if I was born gay no, because I was born Pansexual

• yes its something that people are born with and develop over time. im sure some troll will comment and ask for facts data charts and all that BS, but its not something people can change or prevent.

• Id believe genetic disposition, but not as a yes or no situation

• no people aren't born gay

• How do you know this?

• Research DNA transcription...

They should have explained this to you in 9th grade...

Read "Earth System History," by Steven Stanley. The whole book.

• @RandomPerson1324

I asked for you too show me
      an animal becoming a different type of animal

I WANNA SEE IT

• It's genetically predetermined and it's not a choice.

• It's possible. Some are gay by birth and some by choice. I'm bisexual and it's by choice.

• i was born a lesbian in a guys body.

• No your born asexual

• I believe it's both

My GF's mom is gay after having her and her 2 sisters.

Who cares though?

• There is no such fuckin thing.

• there's no firm evidence either way.

• Yeah they can be born gay, Their genes determine everything.

• If a person can be born straight then surely they can born gay. Certainly not as common but surely it can happen.

• Ofcourse not , it's a sinful decision in all of the religions.
    you can choose whats right & wrong but you also have to face your sinful in the end.

• There's been plenty of research on this one and the answer science has for us so far is: We don't know!

It has been proven that being gay can be biological in some and entirely a choice in others. So I guess some people choose to be gay and some people are born gay.
    In reality it is probably a bit of both. Scientifically we don't have a clue which means it is probably more a choice than predetermined.

And socially we're all pretending it is just how you were born.

• More from Guys
    3