Why do kids cry when they get hurt slightly?

My little sister is 6, and if you so much as accidentally bounce a balloon off of her head, she'll start crying. I mean, wtf? That doesn't even hurt. Or if she falls over onto her hands and knees she'll start crying. Why do kids cry so easily?

Most Helpful Guy

• pain blockers aren't fully formed plus it might be an attention thing. she's not a baby anymore though... so my guess is attention seeking.

Most Helpful Girl

• She knows the reaction people will give her when she acts in a dramatic sense.
    Little kids feed off of reaction whether it's good or bad.
    I would ignore her when she does that.
    Sooner or later she will stop

What Guys Said 10

• She obviously misinterprets your action as an act of aggression. This is clear indication that she's fallen victim to a Molly-coddled environment at home and an-everbody-gets-a-trophy mentality at school. When my grandson began exhibiting such behaviors I immediately immersed him in an after school routine, which included eye-gouging, ear slapping, hot sauce enemas, and public humiliation. Things were back on track in no time!

• ... this is clearly sarcastic. That's so weird, though.

• Why yes, would you like some fava beans and a glass of chianti?

• Ha! Those only pair well with liver, which I despise for both its mushy texture and bile-infused overtones! ; - )

• Because they don't know real pain. Ease up, they're kids.

NOW, when you're past the age of ten, this HAS to stop. Else it's irritating.

• They want attention and sympathy. You'll also note it's inconsistent. Kids will go flying head over heels and crash heavily, and get up laughing.

• She just thinks something bad happened to her and wants people's attention. That's a thing. if you run to every tiny discomfort of a kid with a 'Oh, no, I'll save youuu' attitude, he/she would tend to be whinier.

• She demands attention I guess.

• I've pulled and last night pulled my leg muscle aka charley horse and
    I've cried like a bitch damn thing hurts like hell.

• Why you cried when you were a kid? Same thing. I think they are kids and their nervous system is stronger than teens and adults.

• Come-on she is a kid that's why..

• Just because she's a kid, that doesn't explain why she and others around her age cry so easily.

• Nah, if that's the case then all kids must be emotional wrecks

• Why would ask kids be? Some are weaker than others

• They want attention and have shitty pain management skills

• They are more fragile by 6 aren't they?

What Girls Said 5

• Because it's attention and especially if other people saw it, they can feel embarrassed so naturally they cry.

• It's for attention and to build bonds with those around her by having them care for her.

• Maybe the shock of the pain scared her. So it caused her to fall.

• Bc they know it gets them attention
    Theyre still young they want to be coddled

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more