I want to make a blog around my suicidal times. Good idea?

When I was 15 I went through some pretty dark times. Almost as dark as they can get, at least for a 15 year old boy.

I lost one of the most constant presents in my life, I was being bullied for being ugly and having big ears everywhere (EVERYWHERE; other students, teachers, family members, strangers. I used to have some cars honk at me, or stopping just to insult me). I had no friends. My parents, although they never bullied me or anything, never cared, and would dismiss my depression as something that didn't matter. They blammed me for not being able to not care about what was going on.

I sank. I was contemplating suicide every single night. I made a plan, I had a date, a note, everything. 3 months before the date I was supposed to die, my parents took me to a therapist. We didn't hit it off, I was forced to stay, and I got out even worse than when I came in. Now I had nobody at all to turn to.

Yet, I survirved. I had to self-heal for over 1 year, and it was the most painful thing I ever experienced. It left deep and dark scars that I will never heal, but I survived, and I'm a lot stronger than I ever thought I could be.

I want to share what I've learned from this experience, how I see life (and some other stuff) now, what I would do differently, and how I wish other people would have helped me. My main audience would be, obviously, teenagers who are being victims of bullying, and their parents. I wanted people from all ages and walks of life to read what I have to say, but I'm afraid they won't take me seriously (after all, I'm only 20. Despite what I've been through, I'm still too imature and inexperienced to talk about life beyond my depression. I'm still in college, and I've never even had a long-term job - I can work pretty hard, though).

What do you think? Do you think it's a good idea?
Thank you all so much for any answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if the blog has a strong emphasis on seeking help and suicide is not the answer. Otherwise you could end up with some bad situations.

• Yea I make it very clear that I'm not a professional, I'm not a replacement for professional help, and all I want to do is help people realize that others have been through what they are feeling and survived, until they are ready to get the help they need. I wrote this on my sidebar, so it's visible on every page, and on the About page, but I can't rewrite it on every post :/ I also ask that any doctors that visit my About page contact me if they find something I write to be dangerous.

I never treat suicide as an answer. I want to go into it from what I've learned (it can hurt people you didn't consider, it's messier than you think, stuff like that) and I want to give people fresh perspectives for what they may be facing. I also wanna talk to parents and tell them how they should deal with a child suffering from depression (since I was that child).

• My suggestion would be to end your posts with links to crisis lines or chats.

You have to be careful to be encouraging but not get sucked into an emotional black hole you know?

Ah! That is wonderful to hear! Those are awesome goals!

What Girls Said 1

• Go for it! Some people just need to know there is hope and people who made it through what they are/were struggling with.

What Guys Said 0