Would you rather have a female or male surgeon operate on you?

Would you rather have a female or male surgeon operate on you?

• male surgeon
    33% (9)64% (25)52% (34)Vote
  • female surgeon
    67% (18)36% (14)48% (32)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Let's say they are both equally qualified

0|0
22|40

Most Helpful Girl

• Their gender really doesn't matter, I care about where they went to school and how they're qualified. If you really really want to choose one over the other, I'd choose the female surgeon. Only because women supposedly see a wider spectrum of colour than men do (they hear a wider spectrum of sound) so maybe that could come in handy. I know more men who need glasses and contacts as well. But that is such a generalization and I've had both male and female surgeons before and they both did a fantastic job. My favourite doctor was female who operated on me once and I think she was pregnant too. So kind of badass in a way. Really though, it doesn't matter.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The one that is closest to the age of thirty. Not twenties where you twitch and are nervous. Not 40s and up when u shake and twitch.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• If I absolutely have to choose, then I'll go for a female surgeon but I don't see that it makes a difference.

1|1
    0|0
  • I really wouldn't care as long as they did their job correctly.

2|1
    0|0
  • Depends on which part of my body they'll have to operate.

2|0
    0|0
  • Which ever I don't care. I want a surgeon who knows what they are doing and do a good job at. I want the best result in the end when I need recovery (god forbid such a thing to happen)

0|1
    0|0
    • Honesty the sex doesn't matter... But if I had to choose I guess a male since every time I had surgery the surgeons were guys.

Sorry mooky the question got closed lol

• @DivaMonae LOL that's ok lovely :)

• What the what? idgaf MF SAVE ME! I don't have time to have a preference for vag or peni when I'm lying on an operation table lmfao 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I was about to say the most reliable but now that I read your update I'm going with the female surgeon.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like male doctors 😝..

0|1
    0|0
  • If both of them are equally qualified, I don't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whichever one is the most qualified and the least tired at the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would just want the best for the job at hand.

0|1
    0|0
  • I say female because I got boob surgery from a male and the stirches were bucked up on. my left nipple permanently

0|1
    0|0
  • I would rather just have the best surgeon available.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on their credentials!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. I've had both.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but did you die? I feel like your being sexist. Double standards much?

• Show All
    • ... Yep spoken like a true feminist. Double standards. Wake up its the 21st century.

• @Jon_Gre_g lmao I'm not going to even waste my breath or energy on this. I have better things to do. You can keep arguing by yourself.

• I seek professionals, not gender here

0|0
    0|0
  • Male, they tend to have more firm hands.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gender doesn't really matter honestly, as long as they're qualified and not tired at the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Male. It's nothing to do with intelligence, men just seem to be calmer in stressful situations. It most likely is because females can multi-task while thinking where men focus on one thing at a time. Also why men are typically better drivers.
    But this obviously means that women are better at some things than men. Just mentally built with capabilities to do some things better than each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't give a damn, really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have one who knows what they're doing and isn't a bit careless

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 39

• Im pretty sure if it came down to surgery... i wouldn't give a crap if it was some 8 year old from India. as long as they do it correctly.. im good...
    or else its gonna be TWO people that are gonna need surgery.

0|0
    0|0
  • Their gender wouldn't matter to me. What if care about is their experience with the kind of surgery I need and their professional record.

0|0
    0|0
  • if they are equally qualified then i wouldn't care the gender of the surgeon

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd let my dog do it if I knew he was good at it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would whether they are female or male matter? as long as they are adequately qualified and can do the procedure safely and effectively then I don't care whether they are male or female.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's some latent sexism in me, but there is something more reassuring about the guy if it was my life in their hands.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whichever one does their job correctly, doesn't matter to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't care. Just flip a coin. From my experience I only had female surgeons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care just so long as I come out of the surgery alive and fully intact.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't mind. Even if a gun was put to my head, each have their pros and cons.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're both qualified, then I give 0 fucks

I'm far more concerned about what the hell's wrong to need surgery

1|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer the best surgeon. I dont care which gender they are

2|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter.

My brother's a surgeon, and since he can't operate on me, whoever he says is good enough to cut me open is fine by me.

0|0
    0|0
  • if they are both qualified, I guess it doesn't matter. I would chose the one who I get along better with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have the best surgeon operate on me, female or male. But if they are exactly equal, then I'd prefer the woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care who it is so long as they do the job correctly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude I really don't care about their sex/gender all I care about is their professional skill

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it would matter as long as they know what they're doing

1|0
    0|0
  • Really.. doesn't matter. They are doctors. Im sure level of the profesionality is important. Not gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, whichever one is more qualified/more experienced.

0|0
    0|0
  • i really do not care at all if they are really equally qualified.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my knob's involved, neither. I'd run away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Under the assumption of being equally qualified, I would pick the one that is nicer.

0|0
    0|0
  • What the fuck does it matter? Just don't kill me.

0|0
    0|0
  • where is the option "it doesn't matter"?
    if both are qualified then why should I care?

0|0
    0|0
  • Really wouldn't care, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care... I am ok with who ever... It is... Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's that chick surgeon, I'd rather have second old dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, but if I could pick, I'd pick a male.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had surgery and I didn't care what I had. So far I only had men perform surgery on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys