I'm coming here as a last resort because i'm tired of life. let me make it clear i would not and will not kill myself. do i think about suicide? yes, all the time, but that doesn't mean I'm suicidal. I have severe anxiety and it's ruining my life. im only 15 years old, 16 next month, and I feel as if my life is already over. yeah, I sound like an ungrateful, over dramatic teenager I know. I haven't left my house in weeks. I can't. I feel sick whenever I'm outside because there's no where for me to escape too. anxiety always makes me feel ill. I can't go to school anymore, haven't gone in months. I rarely see my friends- I'm too anxious to even be with them. I'm on medication and I still feel hopeless. I'm on some type of anti depressants and xanax and nothing works. I'm just so completely and utterly depressed. I can't live the rest of my life locked up in my room, but I also can't leave my house. my grades are slipping, I probably won't be able to ever go back to school. so what now? is my life over? what can I do? and please for the love of god do not say people have it worse. I know people have it worse I do I really do. I don't want to feel this way I swear. Im not crying because I have a rough life. im so tired because I have everything, yet at the same time I have nothing. nothing left. im sorry if this post doesn't make any sense or if it's long. I just need help I don't know what to do.
Most Helpful Guy
Well, it is at least good you realize you have a problem. I think the thing you should focus on though is that there IS still hope for your life. There are people who haven't been to school in months from illnesses and made it just fine in life. Their grades may slip, but as hard as it is to hear this-- it will all work out in the end.
Your life will go on.
You can go back to school.
You have possibilities still in life, despite how hopeless it may seem.
I would get a therapist to try and help you through the more personal issues. They are trained and a good one can help. If you have severe anxiety and sincerely feel you cannot go outside or whatnot, they have home based therapy. A therapist in any form would be a good idea.
What I find personally helpful (and I also know some of the psychology and studies behind it) is a thing called free/expressive writing.
I could point to various results and such, but I guess just you'll need to trust me on this to try it. For my little blurb of typical psychologist advice, I would ask you to get a piece of paper (opening up a computer with something to type on works as well).
Basically, you get a prompt, and you just freely write whatever comes to mind. Follow the rules as below.
The general rules:
1. Time: Write a minimum of twenty minutes per day for four consecutive days (I may even suggest more days though).
2. Topic: What you choose to write about should be extremely personal and important to you.
3. Write continuously: Do not worry about punctuation, spelling, and grammar. If you run out of things to say draw a line or repeat what you have already written. Keep pen on paper.
4. Write only for yourself: You may plan to destroy or hide what you are writing. Do not turn this exercise into a letter. This exercise is for your eyes only.
5. Observe the Flip-out Rule: If you get into the writing, and you feel that you cannot write about a certain event because it will push you over the edge, STOP writing!
6. Expect heavy boots: Many people briefly feel a bit saddened or down after expressive writing, especially on the first day or two. Usually this feeling goes away completely in an hour or two.1
Most Helpful Girl
Maybe you should go see a therapist, if you already are, then maybe you should go more regularly. I know that some people suffer from severe anxiety and goes through the same stuff you do, where they are unable to leave their house, etc. But unfortunately I do not have any advice, this is something only a therapist can help you with. I'm so sorry that you are going through this, but you just have to keep fighting and being strong, there is someone/something out there that will be able to help you.0