Do you agree that the society is oversexualised and objectifies people?

I believe this. Sex is so easy to get and people in the name of been *modern* making themselves cheap. Some call it choice and freedom thats their opinon of course, i call it cheap and degrading. Try talk about romance, class and making love and you will be the odd one out

• Yes i agree!
  • No , what you talking about?
  • I agree but i like it this way
  • I dont know
ok i think maybe i didn't explain it properly. When i say sex is easy to get i mean that people aren't as difficult in choice of partner ( i find it especially degrading for women) , they have multiple sex partners at early age, one night stands etc etc
i added this because some answers dont seem to understand the question

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree 100% and honestly it's hurting a lot of good folks and turning decent people into the sad folks we see on here.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• Yes and no.
    Western society is over-sexualized in a commercialized sense. You turn on the TV and already there's a perfume commercial with a pretty girl with big boobs. You walk outside on the street and it won't take long for you to spot a billboard with a sexy woman advertising a car (or whatever.
    HOWEVER, at the very same time, society is also incredibly under-sexualized. Yes, you heard that right. And it's even much worse in America than here in Europe. In America, many people are so prudish that they can't even use sexual words in a normal way. They do silly things like whispering "s. e. x.!" if they talk about it during a dinner conversation, as though that would somehow make it more okay. Many people are also extreeemely prudish when it comes to nudity and unfortunately this is one of those terrible trends that Europeans are starting to take over from US culture. Two weeks ago I went to a hot spring bath with my girlfriend and when I went to shower off at the end of the day (it was a big, public shower), most of the men around me kept their swim suit on - UNDER THE SHOWER. I mean... for god sake, we're standing in a freaking shower. The only other guy who showered naked like I did was an old fellow in his 60s or 70s. Or to use yet another example, there are conservative people in my country who are trying to make early sex-ed in kindergarten illegal. It had never been an issue but now they're suddenly screaming around how the children are getting fucked-up and whatnot. That's of course total bullshit because it is scientifically proven that even babies have a sexuality (fetuses masturbate inside the mother's womb) and it's never too early to learn about the anatomy of your own body or things like "when a stranger in a car wants to give you candy, just say no and walk away".

What I mean to say by all this is that we are oversexualized in the sense that people loooove consuming sex. TV and advertisement are totally sexualized and of course there's also porn.
    But society itself is under-sexualized cuz when it comes down to talking about it in a mature and natural way, people still get incredibly awkward and most people are also not very well educated on the topic (even a lot of adults). Nudity is still considered something really taboo-ish (on American TV it even gets censored because it might "traumatize" people, how silly is that). And the fact that you consider promiscuity as something dirty, cheap is also due to this

• prudishness and unnatural, puritan attitude towards sexuality. When my parents were young, you could sit naked on a meadow at the lake where families are swimming/relaxing and nobody said anything. Nowadays a woman can hardly walk down a beach without wearing a bikini top because otherwise she'll immediately get yelled at and threatened to be sued because the little kids (who in reality don't give a fuck) might supposedly get traumatized by seeing a naked nipple. People want to believe they're totally sexualized and society loved consuming sexuality but when it comes down to sexuality as a natural, normal thing like eating or breathing, people act incredibly silly.

• Agree. Unfortunatelly. Sex should be special and result of special realitionship. Its past. Or it was never been like this? For me its special and its something like gift or the highest perice.
    Todays society is builiding everything on it. I can't say its wrong if its taken correctly. But lot of people is taking it totally wrongly.

• Hollywood, tv shows, music videos, movies... are not out to educate people. They are out to make $$$

If you are learning sex from tv shows, movies or porn then you are doing it wrong

• No, I think the way you are conceptualizing sex is wacko. You are not a prize to be won or a coin to be traded.

Sexual objectification, as a concept, is complete bullshit. We SUBJECTIFY actual sex objects (video streams, sex toys) with imaginary personalities and situations, otherwise it doesn't work.

You've been listening to feminists. Feminism is a wicked doctrine of hatred and lies.

• Yes it does, but it oversexualizes women moreso.

Don't get me wrong, because I'm not a feminist, but it just kind of does. That's why so many women are open to being with other women and so many men are not. Women, from a young age, grow up seeing other women, animated or real, as sex objects, so they usually grow to find it attractive themselves, while boys are bullied for being gay, so...

• Sex may be easy for u to get. But there r so many people who struggle for it.

yeah, people call it choice. And they're correct. Don't try to change their lifestyle if it doesn't harm u. Thank u and goodbye.

• Well, not everybody constantly sleeps with someone they've met few hours ago.

Yes, there are those types, so what?

Sex is something natural, the weird thing is not having it.

Nobody becomes more 'expensive/valuable' just because they don't have sex regularly.

• The media, popculture, some socialmedia stuff certainly do.
    But people as a whole i have a lot higher hopes in of valueing someone as a person.

• When you find almost every single commercial got a woman on it , then it means people are objectified

• Where can I get this easy to get sex PLZZZ TELL ME.

• sex is easy to get for women. it's not super hard for men, but waaaaaay more easy for women

• Sex is easy to get if you try for it. But it also depends on the person. Some don't try and get it. I'm a person who needs to try hard to get laid so I don't even bother putting effort into that when I could put my own efforts into me.

• Uhm... why's it been so hard to get laid for me then? HUH?

• No I won't agree with you. Because sex is not easy to get.

• No, just American society.

What Girls Said 2

• Why can't people who are overly conservative realize that being fully comfortable with your sexuality does not negate the existence of romance? That the idea of romance existing for reasons largely outside of working towards sex is idealistic and lacks having any logic?

For example, you're wooed by the guy you want to settle down with. You're both saving it for marriage, believing yourselves to be above other plebs who get to enjoy sex outside of some patriarchal idea of reserving some 'modesty'. Your boyfriend/fiancée will spoil you with romantic dinners/gifts.

What's his motivation in terms of getting married and locking you down?
    Sex. 👌🏻

• i am not talking about saving it for marriage. I ma talking about multiple and many sexual partners in short time. You name it comfortable with sexuality i name it degrading and cheap. I think many women will realize that when they get older but of course everyone has is own opinion, all opinions respected

• Hmm okay I guess I just don't view my personal value or levels of self respect as being dependent on my sexuality/what's between my legs but you're right; to each their own.

• Nope, i disagree.