Girls, what's your stance on sexy female characters in video games?

Especially Japanese video games.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Female characters can be hot without being impractical for their environment. If she's obviously designed just to titillate the audience, then my respect for the game will go down - they should be able to produce good quality gaming and good quality characters without reducing themselves to 'sex sells', y'know? So hot characters aren't an issue, characters in barely a stitch of clothing when they're going into battle or females in armour with huge boob cups that would get them killed in a real fight... Yeah, that's a problem.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I don't mind them, I just wish that the background stories matched the clothing. Like why does you're body armor leaved so much skin exposed if you're some type of warrior? Then again, I suppose since it's fantasy, the clothing doesn't have to make sense? If woman want more relatable female characters, that are also sexy, we need more woman to be in game design.

0|0
    0|0
    • I always wonder how female game characters would be done by a female developer.

• Just go look at my cover pick I'm pikagirl

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care really

0|0
    0|0
  • I only wish that there were hot male characters as wel.-.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just annoying that there are barely any sexy male characters to balance it out haha

0|0
    0|0
    • My thoughts exactly. Sure there aren't enough games that do that.

• I dont care

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I don't mind them, some more diversity would just be nice. And maybe some sexy male characters to balance it out, y'know, rather than just sexualising the female characters in a male gaze-y way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont care...

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them as much as guys do.

0|0
    0|0