Are you easily replaceable?

This is a question meant to be thought provoking.

If you up and left everyone, would they grieve? Would they move on and not say a word except to talk shit? Or would they cry and scream for you? Would they fall into a deep depression over you?

I think I would be very replacable to some people and those people i no longer talk. I know for a fact i couldnt be replaced to some others because of our friendship/relationship.

If you think some people could replace you then make some changes, and if you think some people couldnt, keep them close but be careful in case you're wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• in school we had to do a change for 2 weeks... our class was a mess (there were like 6 party boys in my class) so they had to mix us with those weak ass bitches (weak class).

the weak ass bitches were submissive as fuck and used to do everything the teacher used to do, so they made zero noise

my laugh is annoying, I laugh 24/7... you see that lol after every sentence? I'm really laughing, I laugh all the time and my classmates used to hate that

after some hours of complete silence they went to my classroom and begged me to laugh... no kidding, they were like "the silence is killing us, please laugh and make noise".

Nah, they can't replace me 8)

I study online now and some friends still tell me they want me back.

some don't talk to me like they used to, but some are there for me. I miss those bastards but life goes on and I can't be dependent.

What Guys Said 15

• Some would and some wouldn't as just another human being sure I am replaceable but as an individual and one who has touched a lot of peoples lives for those people no I ain't I am a one of a kind person and there's only one me and in that aspect I am not replaceable.

As for my friends and those close to me they are not replaceable, I value each of my close friends and those close to me, they all know who they are, but I greatly value each of them and view them as unique and irreplaceable people. Is their role replaceable, yes but are they as individuals and the impacts etc they have had on my life replaceable? hell no.

• It's interesting and cool that you're so honest about this. I think most people are replaceable to many people and don't even realize it. That guy you've talked to in your lunch break the other day? He doesn't give a shit. That girl you met in class a week ago? Don't be silly. She's got other friends. Even people you've known for a long time may not be true friends. My best (and only) friend knows tons of people. But I've always felt like there's a difference between me and all the other people he knows. We have grown up together since Kindergarten. We've gone to school together, gone on vacation together, call each other's parents by their first names, have tried to smoke a joint for the first time together, have masturbated together as teenagers etc. etc. We're friends for life. And although sometimes we drifted apart for a year or two (for example when I went to live abroad) and we stopped talking to each other temporarily, it always felt totally normal when we met again. It always felt like it had been just yesterday that we'd seen each other last. There was no awkwardness or shyness and we went right back to hanging out all the time.
    Many of the other "friends" my friend has on the other hand are nothing more than buddies. I don't mean to talk badly about them but I don't believe for a second that they TRULY care about him. They're just people he met at night clubs or at work or at soccer matches etc.. They're people he likes to hang out and drink a beer with but nothing more.
    The problem is that he - like most people - doesn't realize this. He doesn't realize that these people are only buddies. He thinks they're real friends and values their friendship just as much as mine but I know it's not that way. I know that if something really bad happened to him and he was in real misery, I'd be the only person left.
    I'm not saying this bothers me. He can believe what he wants to believe. What I'm saying is that I don't want this for my own life. I don't want fake people with their fake friendships in my life. It disgusts me to even think about it. This is why I've been very strong during the last few years to eliminate all fake relationships in my life. First, I went on Facebook and brutally deleted every single person that I believed isn't in my inner-inner-most circle. Former class mates, ex girlfriends, college buddies... they're all gone now. From 130 Facebook friends I went down to 11. And frankly, I still think that's probably too

• many. For example I still have my cousin as a Facebook friend because I told myself "well, she belongs to the family" but now that I think about it more... we haven't even met or talked to each other in the past 2 years. If you don't care enough about another person to talk once in two years, it's silly to call that person "important" or "a friend". I should probably delete her too.
      At the same time, I've also broken up relationships with many people in real life. It was a very, very painful and tough process but now I'm finally at a phase in my life where I'm only left with the very best of the best. Including my girlfriend, my parents and my siblings, I only have 6 people now in my whole life that I really talk to and hang out with. Some people would probably say that's terrible and "how can you live like that" but I look at it from the positive perspective: there are only few people left in my life but they're real and to them, I'm not replaceable in any way.

• wow that's a lot. but that's really good, that's healthy and I'm glad its something that makes you happy

• I'm very replaceable for people that seem to be careless, but if someone really cares about me I will do my best to not be replaceable and always will try to be the one that's always gonna be there for them. This will make be irreplaceable.

• Easily replaceable. I mean life goes on for most people. Your parents are always the ones who take it the worst though. No matter how old you get, they still remember bringing you into this world, and all those memories they had with you as a child. As far as friends are concerned, yeah they'd move on. Sadly, I've even done it with the loss of some of my friends. I mean I fell bad that they died, but you move on. Society is even worse, they couldn't give two shits. There is always another man or woman willing to take your job and your place. We're just a cog in the machine, easily repaired or replaced.

• I'm very replaceable, as has been shown to me time and time again. If I was run over in the street tomorrow, my family would grieve but the world wouldn't give a shit. Outside my family, no one gives a shit. It's a sad reality but its one I've grown to accept.

• My family would grieve for sure but the only person who would be devastated would be my little bro, much like I would be just gone of he were to pass away.

• My family and roommate would be sad. I don't know if anyone would fall into depression.
    I don't know what other friends would be super sad.

• I'm irreplaceable

• Meh.

I mean, I mostly don't belong in places. For example, I don't exactly belong here. I don't need help. At all.

• Hell no. I have always felt I bring a lot of unique qualities with me to the people around me.

• I wouldn't know, and honestly no ones does.
    People fake concern all the time, try to be over nice when they don't even care.

• If think I am :(

• ehhh I'd like to say no but based on life experiences I guess so?

• I'm completely forgettable. I have made not even a single contribution to anything or anyone.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• "If you think some people could replace you then make some changes..."

Now, see, I get where you are TRYING to go with this... but, my immediate instinct is to read this and think, "oh, shit, I better start playing up all the weirdo/spaz/nerd/crazy parts of me."

True story.

#unintendedconsequences

• Ahhh, that all depends on who we're talking about, of course. There are a handful of people who'd care if they never saw me again, but I'd be replaceable to most people.

• depends on the person. to some. i might be, to others i won't.

• Beyond my family, my best friend, a few work friends, and my boyfriend, I don't think many people would care if I did go away. I'm pretty much invisible to most because I tend to stay in the background and observe things going on around me. So I don't think my absence would change much.

• If I up and left... I don't think there'd be much of an uproar. Maybe for a day or two as everyone clambers to be important and seem like they knew me best, but really? I don't think many people would care.

My family wouldn't. My grandparents are maybe my only family that would really care in the end, I mean, they miss me if Imogen for a weekend. My parents never did. I'm not close to any cousins, my siblings are all used to me being gone (moved out of my dads place. They're all still there) and never see me anyway. They're young enough to adapt and stop caring after a few months and stop thinking about me. My older brother is super distant from me already. So he wouldn't care.

My boyfriend and his sister would care, but i imagine I'm fairly easily replaceable. Wouldn't be hard to get over it.

So who would truly care in the end? Only two of the people who I would cry over losing.

Kinda sad actually.

I'm going to go and make myself happy again.

• No way!
    To my close friends and loved ones, I am not.

• Two individuals really care for me in this world.
    If I left right now, one could not live without me and the other would never stop asking about me.

• Probably lol!

• With a certain person I keep thinking I'm replaceable but then he throws words like "forever" at me and it puts me on edge

I always assume I'm replaceable because I think it makes me continue to put in the effort to try and be irreplaceable

• My family would be extremely upset. I know my boyfriend would be deeply hurt.

• No one could ever replace me... Although that's not really a good thing in my case :P