What do you think makes someone an 'expert' at something?

What do you think makes someone an 'expert' at something?

0|0
15|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone that's learned enough about a certain subject. To the point they can explain it to others and know what they are explaining is the right answer.

Though still nobody can truly know about everything in any subject. Since there is way to many things to learn about it. So with knowledge the more you know. The more you start to realize that you barely know anything at all.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no clear definition, that's why some people just call themselves experts or get called experts by others. In the end a lot of people are easily influenced, not very bright etc. So just calling yourself a expert will usually get you more recognition and credibility for no reason. People think that your definition of a expert is the same as theirs and therefore they take it seriously but you could just be lying. There is no official committee that gives away the title expert :). It's a fake it till you make it type thing, I'm a expert on movies, tv-shows and eSports what about you?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Someone who knows what they're doing.. You give them an issue and they're like oh yeah "just put pie and pie, in dishwasher, turn full cycle, heat it up nicely, them bam boom you're done" LOL

The skills, the knowledge, combined with speed. The person is EXPERTOOOOO!

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of experience and interest, I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who study something lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • When you've studied enough or gained enough experience about a subject, have had your prowess acknowledged by peers, and are pretty much the best person to ask about so and so subject. Then you're an expert.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the person has the skills and ability that others don't, for example video games expert hahaha! XD

0|0
    0|0
  • practice and lots of information about the.. something lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Big crazy hair, crazy eyes, a good knowledge of conspiracy theories, and excellent hand gestures.

0|0
    0|0
  • An idiot savant

0|0
    0|0
  • skills and knowledge ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Experience and knowledge bro ☺️

0|0
    0|0
  • experience

0|0
    0|0
  • Experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone with lots of experience and knowledge in a certain subject...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• They're an expert when they're sure they can solve a certain issue at hand. Repeatedly.
    For this reason I'm not one to support these "experts" that appear on GAG every once a while. How the hell can they be experts on subjective matters like sex and relationships when the experience is different for literally every one?

0|0
    0|0
  • When you present on a topic (public speaking), and people listen to you on the topic. You are an expert in the field in my opinion.
    Or when someone pays you enough money to live on in exchange for a product you produced or a service you render.

0|0
    0|0
  • Proficiency in something well above and beyond the average, to the point where you could even teach professionals in your field new things.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's an excellent question. Being an expert in something takes a lot of study and experience on the field.

But it's very hard to translate that into numbers or other quantitative measurement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Passion is a huge part of it. If someone is passionate about a subject, they'll naturally have more expertise in that subject.

Education is another big factor. Generally speaking, someone with a degree in computer science is going to be more of an expert than someone who has read a few articles on the Internet.

It's hard to define an expert, but most likely, you'll know one when you see one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowing everything their is to know about the subject their an expert in.

0|0
    0|0
  • skills, expreince and knowldge based withing a spesific topic

0|0
    0|0
  • "Hi, I'm Hal Thompson and I'm an expert"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fy6WPBbMwU

... so, look no further

0|0
    0|0