Am I the only one incredibly scared at how fast this population calculator moves?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow that is scary! If it is in fact accurate and not some calculator to freak people out...

Most Helpful Girl

• We need another plague or some other big thing to wipe out a ton of people. The earth needs another cleansing...

• I agree, but just as you posted anonymously, everyone only thinks it and never says it or tries to stop the growing problem...

• @Curmudgeon that's why I said it will level out, I'm saying it doesn't effect her if she doesn't live it one of these countries, I get what your saying though most of them WANT to have kids and I did miss that point.

• @epiper888 Oops, my mistake. But it isn't birth control or lack thereof that is the driver, but rather motivations. Are kids burdens to educate in the city, or farmhands in the countryside?

What Guys Said 14

• If it is any consolation, the "population growth" is actually due to declining death rates and longer lifespans, rather than more births.

In fact, North America, Europe, most of East Asia and even some of Latin America now has "Below Replacement Level" birthrates of 2.1 per female, assuming 50/50 sex ratios at birth. And with nations like Red China formerly restricting births and thus aborting girl babies, the sex ratios there are even more skewed. So that world population is *graying* more than it is growing.

• Nah not really. Compared to that in some decades ago, we're growing slower. You know the average kids in india today? It's 2... Not just India that's 2. Many developing countries have decreased average kids.

• I'm sure you're not the only one who's worried about it but I think it's stupid to worry about things that are out of your control. I learned a long time ago that worrying about something you have no control over does nothing so you should just hope for the best and carry on with your life

• i honestly think if you consider that it´s supposed to show birth and deaths on "the whole freaking world" this moves actually pretty slow.

• It's freakish, indeed. Mainly when thinking that 90+ % of these newborn face a life of hardship.

• I guess, but I'm doing my part. No children here. Let the idiocracy reign supreme. At any rate, don't worry. Global warming will regulate this, and you might think it goes too much in the other direction.

• you can't be this stupid :/

• I used to obsess over it like 5 years ago so I understand but I don't care as much anymore. There's nothing you can do about it personally so why worry.

• Overpopulation is becoming a thing.

Be careful.

• But what about the real world not the one that's from

• Yeah, because that's updated live.

• Like rabbits : DD

• People will start starving soon enough. Give it a few years.

• Do you belive in this app lol.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah I've looked at that many times, it's pretty crazy. i wonder how accurate it is. if so, it's kinda crazy!!

• nope freaking me out too!