GAGers, do you rely more on your intuition or your observation in your decision-making process?

And how do you feel about it? :-)

• I rely more on my intuition.
  • I rely more on my observation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both. Intuition is the subconcious mind at work and it picks up on a lot of details that the concious mind simply can't. However with out proper analysis it doesn't really do you any good, it would be like an indistincitve beep, it lets you know something is happening, something of note perhaps but not what it is. Thats where observation comes in because it will help clarify your intuition and it also will help you figure out if its a personal bias that is triggering your intuition/gut instinct or if its something that is logical and rational. So I would say I rely on both equally, the intuition as a kind of compass and observation as the map.

Most Helpful Girl

• I rely very heavily on my intuition. A huge majority of the time my intuition is correct and some of my biggest mistakes came as a result of ignoring that.

What Guys Said 20

• Mmm. I rely on both somewhat equally. I'm capable of using both interchangeably depending on the circumstance. Though, I would call intuition instinct. Using both skills to their utmost maximizes potential. Both require effort and discipline to develop, though some are closer to their instincts than others.

Generally, I use observation - instinct/critical thinking - instinct - critical thinking. Depending on the situation.

Actively measuring which I use more seems impossible.

• I rely on my:

1. Observations.

2. My knowledge.

3. My experience ( that is if I have any)

4. My logical nature.

5. Reasoning.

6. Facts.

• Observation. I'm very observant, and my actions are usually defined by what I see and experience.
    Can't you say that intuition is based on observation?

• i call it instinct... but sure... yea... intuition.

• Observation and contemplation.
    I have to justify something before actually believing it, or doing it. Of course in some cases this is quite impractical. But that aside, when concerning issues such as say, generalisation (like stereotyping) it is often quite flawed to rely on your intuition.

I realise that the brain often naturally relies on intuition as its preferred state, I try to counter that by gaining evidence to justify something, instead.

• I rely on intuition, but I think my intuition relies on observation without me knowing about it.

• Observation and analysis.
    In Russian there's a saying "Measure 7 times cut once" and that's how I do it. Sadly it leads to overthinking.

• I observe a lot and use loads of logic but I also believe and evince that decision making has to be quick lest it lose it's desired effect hence I wind up using intuition when deciding most time - that is my observation of self :)

Vote 'A'

• I've always been more of an observer.

• I observe, then reason it out.

• Intuition and observation both. Observation works when I'm indecisive

• I don't know since i use both to come up with the best answer, but mainly i work best on the fly with things, so it would have to be observation

• Observation for sure.

• Both fairy equally.

• Observation + Logic = criterious observation/rational thinking/science.

Observation - Logic = Common sense/ pseudoscience/ broscience/.

Logic - Observation = Pure speculation.

• Emotional reasoning is for selfish, violent, childish people.

• Intuition shimtuition.

There is logic, and then there is prejudice and superstition.

• Intuition. Because I am an idiot.

• The results of this survey are disappointing if you want a relationship with the pink side.

• Bitches be like.
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../db1.jpg
    Observation always be better.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm highly perceptive so I allow my intuition to guide me. It's like an inner GPS, it's guides to make decisions. Plus, I meditate on any choices and descisions before I make them.

The only time I make mistakes is when I talk myself into going against my intuition. I look on my intuition as a 6th sense. It feels what the eyes can't see.

• I've always wanted to use my intuition. Sometimes i feel a certain option is right, but other times i dont feel anything.
      Usually when making a big decision i dont feel any intuition. Or I feel half-half at both choices.

How does intuition work for you really? How do you activate it and how do you feel it's the intuition you're feeling? if you know what i mean.

• Wow how do you turn the manipulators in your favour? Thats some really cool thing to do xD
      Could you tell/teach me somehow? can be very useful haha

I'd like to hear some stories :)

• @Dipsy

No need to you seem to already have that skill. Lol. It's either in you or its not , it's part of my personality

• Intuition, I follow my <3

• definitely intuition. i get that on all my Myer Briggs Tests.

• I don't know how to use my intuition. Seriously.
    My dad would always tell me, just use your intuition during driving practice and I'm like "HOW? IS there an activation button for it? Where is it?"
    So yeah, I don't know.

• People say that I'm astute and others call me psychic (or psycho lol) but somehow I pick up on things. I try to be conscious anyway.

• One of th perks of being so damn quiet is that I am very observant. I almost alsways use my observations to make decisions, if I use intuition I fall flat on my face lol.

• intuition by far.

• I mostly rely on observation