Why do cops have the right to get away shooting a dog protecting its owner?

Its absolutely disgusting and upsetting to me the fact these low life cops don't know how to control a situation with a dog. The dog is being loyal to the owner why be a coward and shoot? That's what cops are good for these days is to waste they're bullets on dogs instead of actual criminals disgusting I wish I could shoot them to see if they like it.

What Girls Said 2

• Some cops are assholes. And they say stuff like "I was protecting myself" or "the animal was a danger".

They treat dogs like they're black people, except the police can kill a black person and get away with it.

• Sure, it sucks but they're doing their job. If that's what it takes to get to a felon whom the dog is protecting then that's what has to happen.

What Guys Said 1

• So while I am with you in spirit I struggle with this one. I know of situations where cops didn’t think before shooting a loose dog and I find that tragic. But I also understand that if an owner doesn’t control his/her dog that it becomes life threatening to a police officer. Bashing the police here and without context is a rather immature thing to do. Tell us which story it is that set you off.