Are you allowed to paint your townhouse?

If you BOUGHT a townhouse, are you allowed to paint the exterior?

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends on what the H. O. A. says. I do a lot of contractor work and one of the construction projects is re-doing the interior. But we aren't allowed to do anything to the exterior with out permission. Some things you can do, like putting a screw to fix the gutter which we needed to do, and fixing the outdoor light fixtures. No one even noticed, but you have to not get caught. I told one of the H. O. A. guys one day that I fixed the gutter, and he is a really cool guy. He actually thanked me for doing that since it was causing a safety hazard. But I'm not saying you should tell anyone. Anyways I would check in with them and see what their regulations are. Make sure to study them because if you don't follow code or something, you could get a huge fine. Not saying that will happen but be aware of it. Always ask before you do something out side.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, I haven't seen anyone around me do that before. If they do, it has to fall in line with the neighborhood color code.

What Guys Said 6

• Check with your Homeowner's Association. Regulations usually allow for painting but the type of paint and the color palate are generally controlled by the HOA.

• Depends on the community. Sometimes you have to have approved colors so someone doesn't put a pink townhouse in a row of gray ones. Even with my home I have to stay with certain approved colors and get an okay otherwise from a planning committee. It is common.

• I don't see why you couldn't , it would be a good idea to check town ordinances to see if you have to get any permits befor you start

• I would paint my camo.

• 0|0
  • Check with your HOA for approved colors IF you're changing the color scheme.

What Girls Said 0