To people who support Trump... Why do you support Trump?

I just want to understand why you want Trump as President.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Because we are disgusted with the Commiecrat Party of Treason, but we are also disgusted with the Establishment running the Republican Party too.

(1) Trump Exists Because the The GOP Establishment Failed

The people scolding Trump supporters? They’re the ones who’ve been advocating for "open borders", meaning an illegal alien invasion, and for nation-building in countries whose populations show no gratitude us, and trade deals that eliminated jobs while enriching their donors, all while implicitly mocking the GOP base for its misgivings about all this.

The GOP elite are simply out of touch with its voters; the only Republicans they talked to read the Wall Street Journal too. On immigration policy, they were caught completely by surprise. Even canny operators like Ted Cruz (who I support, by the way) didn’t fully appreciate the depth of voter anger on the subject. And why would they? If you live in an affluent ZIP code, it’s hard to see a downside to mass low-wage immigration. Your kids don’t go to overcrowded public school. You don’t use the public hospital for health care. No immigrant is competing for your job. (The day Hondurans start getting hired as green energy lobbyists is the day these people become nativists.) Plus, you get cheap servants, and get to feel welcoming and virtuous while paying them less per hour than your kids make at a summer job on Nantucket. It’s all good.

And frankly, Trump hasn’t said anything especially shocking about immigration. Control the border, deport lawbreakers, put American workers first before we offer more H-1 worker visas, try not to admit criminals — these are the ravings of a Nazi?

A temporary ban on Muslim immigration? That sounds a little extreme (meaning nobody else has said it recently in public). But is it? Millions of Muslims have moved to Western Europe over the past 50 years, and a sizable number of them still haven’t assimilated. Instead, they remain hostile and dangerous to the cultures that welcomed them. By any measure, that "multicultural" experiment has failed. What’s our strategy for not repeating it here, especially after San Bernardino, among other Muslim attacks in the USA? Invoke "American Exceptionalism" and hope for the best? Before Trump, that was the plan. Republican primary voters should be forgiven for wondering who exactly is on the "reckless" side of this debate. At the very least, Trump seems like he wants to protect the country.

• (2) Trump is an "Insider" admitting the truth about other "Insiders"

Trump’s finest moment came in the first debate. One of the moderators asked, in effect: if you’re so opposed to Hillary Clinton, why did she come to your last wedding? It seemed like a revealing, even devastating question. (In other words, they asked "Gee Donald, aren't you an insider too?")

Trump’s response, delivered without pause or embarrassment: Because I paid her to be there. As if she was the wedding singer, or in charge of the catering. (In other words, Trump answered, "I sure am, but I understand how out of touch we Insiders are!")

Trump is an ideal candidate to fight Washington corruption not simply because he opposes it, but because he has personally participated in it. He’s not just a reformer; like most effective populists, he’s a whistle-blower. Any outsider can peer through the window in envy, but it takes a real unique person to throw furniture through the window from the inside.

• (3) He doesn't hate this country, unlike what the Democrat Party has offered us for the last couple of decades. Did we defeat the Soviets abroad to have Bernie Sanders at home, to say even less of Hillary Clinton?

(4) He punches through Leftist political dogma with blunt truth. During a speech in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Trump said Hillary had been “schlonged” by Obama in the 2008 race. In response, the Clinton campaign called Trump a sexist. It’s a whiny charge Hillary has leveled against virtually every opponent she’s faced, but Trump responded differently. Instead of scrambling to apologize and donate to breast cancer research, he pointed out that Hillary spent years attacking the alleged victims of her husband’s sexual assaults. That ended the conversation almost immediately. It was the most effective possible response, though more obvious than brilliant. Why was Trump the only Republican to use it?

The answer is that Trump is fearless. This makes him rash often, but also fun!

• Cause they agree with what he's saying. Why do people vote for Bernie or Hillary? Well, cause they agree with them.

And you may ask "yeah, but why they agree with him?" Well, just look at what they're doing to boycott him, and you'll get your answer.
    When your main argument to gain votes is to keep America safe, and you see people trying to kill him, stop him from talking, and getting in fight with supporters, they're just proving his point and giving him more strength.

I don't agree with most of what he says, and certainly don't want him as president, but I understand why many people wanna vote him.

• I don't support Trump, but I have to admit that having a president who has NO REAL TIES to any political party is an attractive idea. While Trump *appears* to be an idiot, he clearly can't be as stupid as he appears. He was *born* rich and got richer, which is far easier when your born rich, but he still did a good job of it. I think that Trump is totally unknowledgeable about politics and foreign policy, BUT I think if he were elected, he would HIRE smart people to make the intelligent choices for him, and because he's not beholden to the party leadership (something that is scaring the GOP half to death right now) those decisions might be pretty damn good for the country.

• Trump is winning because he's the only candidate with the balls to call bullshit on all the PC nonsense that has infected this country. You can't call illegal immigrants that any more because it's 'racist,' so we have to call them "undocumented workers." You can't say boo to a black person without fearing for your job or your life, and saying that Muslims want to kill Americans is not allowed. Trump is the only one who has figured out that people are tired of this garbage, and that's why his message is resonating so strongly with voters.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4aJc_ymc-E

No jk because he actually cares about America and doesn't bother with PC bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2KXtNrIDDI

• Personally I think a lot of folks are so jaded with the process and the establishment. They are willing to take anybody who seems to be outside. I am not a Trump guy by any means but he has said some things that make wonder if he really could change things.
    Personally I don't think he will, or anyone elected president will.

• because I am tired of career politicians not doing a damn thing to help the country only flush it further down the tubes

• I don't really support Trump. I just think he's the lesser of 2 evils compared to Hillary Clinton

• My Islamophobia.

• Because some people are desperate.

• He says whats on his mind... he's actually honest...

He is against political correctness and wants to make the USA strong again... enough of this weakness and political correctness!!

• He's a WWE Hall Of Famer... I like WWE so...

• I've talked to a few people who do support Trump, and they say because as a businessman they believe he really could do something to get the economy on the right track. Or they are just impressed at his "tell it like it is" attitude and love the fact he is so popular despite everything the Republican Party is doing to try to stop him.

• Because as a businessman he had four bankruptcies and ties with the mafia? Is that experience gonna be applied to America?
      I really don't want to see that happen.

What Girls Said 0