How would you react if your SO wrote poetry for you with their own words, even though you don't (some do and some don't) really care for poems much?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh gosh, I actually do enjoy it and I would certainly appreciate it... However... I spent three years of my educational life analyzing poems every day. It would be hard not to give it some very constructive criticism...

It is a sweet and appreciated gesture regardless of its quality and whether or not I enjoyed the actual poem.

0|0
    0|0
    • 😂😂😂😂 oh god that's funny, but I am pretty sure she would love the advice if she really loved you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be flattered. I don't like poetry. But if he took the time out of his day to write me a poem I would treasure it forever.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I would find it very sweet. I used to write poems for my girlfriend as well as for my ex-girlfriends and crushes back when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, my girlfriend never cared much, nor did my ex-girlfriends with the exception of one girl. So I eventually became a little disenchanted and lazy and quit writing poems for other people a few years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely and I would cherish it until I died no matter what the eventual outcome of our relationship was.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I'd just say that I really appreciated it. Even if I didn't like poetry, I can still appreciate the time that it took to write that and I'm still pleased that he wanted to give me something so personal.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love poetry, so I'd appreciate it. I like non-cheesy poetry though lol.

0|0
    0|0