How would you react if your SO wrote poetry for you with their own words, even though you don't (some do and some don't) really care for poems much?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh gosh, I actually do enjoy it and I would certainly appreciate it... However... I spent three years of my educational life analyzing poems every day. It would be hard not to give it some very constructive criticism...

It is a sweet and appreciated gesture regardless of its quality and whether or not I enjoyed the actual poem.

• 😂😂😂😂 oh god that's funny, but I am pretty sure she would love the advice if she really loved you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be flattered. I don't like poetry. But if he took the time out of his day to write me a poem I would treasure it forever.

What Guys Said 2

• I would find it very sweet. I used to write poems for my girlfriend as well as for my ex-girlfriends and crushes back when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, my girlfriend never cared much, nor did my ex-girlfriends with the exception of one girl. So I eventually became a little disenchanted and lazy and quit writing poems for other people a few years ago.

• Yes absolutely and I would cherish it until I died no matter what the eventual outcome of our relationship was.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd just say that I really appreciated it. Even if I didn't like poetry, I can still appreciate the time that it took to write that and I'm still pleased that he wanted to give me something so personal.

• I love poetry, so I'd appreciate it. I like non-cheesy poetry though lol.