Need quick answers, do you get ID'd at movie theatres or is it based off looks?

im going with a buddy to see the brother grimbsy with a friend we are 17 but we look old my friend has a full beard and i have a goatee and thats not the only reason we look old but will they need id or will they let us in?

didn't get carded

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha well me and two of my friends decided to go to the movies, (it was spur of the moment), we wanted to see an R rated movie. I was 22, my friends were 19 and 20, so we were all old enough, but the lady wouldn't sell us tickets because only one of us had an ID. We bought tickets to a different movie and snuck into the R rated one. We got kicked out about 40 minutes into the movie lol :p

• that was our plan but we went and we used the self service machine and it didn't ID me lol

• Haha nice :) yea it felt kinda cool being a "rebel" though honestly I should've been able to get the tickets anyway :p

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• It honestly depends on the theater. They're supposed to ID for movies either way, though that's not always the case. I thought being 17 years old was fine for seeing movies, though. All I know is I still get carded, but I look young, too.

• Some do, some don't.

What Guys Said 5

• They'll ID you. But the minimum age is 17 so if you're 17 what's the problem.

• It honestly depends on the theater and the attendant.

• Based on looks, if you look big and/or have decent facial hair, you're good to go.

• It's literally never happened to me, even when I was younger.

• Sometimes I get carded sometimes I don't.