Where do you draw the line between self-doubt and reality?

Like say you want to accomplish a goal and believe you can do it in your soul deep down. You've dreamt about it from a young age and haven't stopped thinking about it your whole life. In fact, you've even gotten pretty far already. And your friends, family, those you work with, even strangers believe you have the potential as well.
But what if the reality is you don't have what it takes?

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• On what basis do we think that we don't have 'what it takes'? If this is true, than it becomes pretty apparent during the initial stages of the journey. If someone has been able to go as far as what you describe, then he/she is certainly capable of achieving the goal, and the perceived 'reality' is obviously self-doubt.

0|0
    0|0
    • so in the initial stages of the journey, there wohld be indicators telling you you are on the wrong path?

• Not just indicators. If the path is wrong, the person is usually not able to proceed beyond a certain point, early on, due to obstacles he/she can't overcome. If they are past the half-way stage at least, I'd have to believe that they are capable of going all the way, and only self-doubt could stop them from then onwards.

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Guys Said 2

• i don't like it, it's not fun at all and i suck at it. then it's a lost cause

0|0
    0|0
  • then i can't its simple, you can't fight with reality and truth which both are mostly same things, i wanted to be a game developer and much more by studying but im a dyslexic and i can't even solve a 5th grade maths question.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You never know what will be until you try. You might fail. Do it anyway.

0|0
    0|0