Do you find readings to be hard?

I hate doing my readings. I think I'm a smart person but for some reason readings are a headache for me.

The words just don't go in my head the first time, so I have to re-read again and take notes/pay attention.

I wonder if this makes me not smart, or other smart people go through this too.

Also, I was slow in reading even in another language (not English), so maybe it's just something that I have to work on.

Most Helpful Guy

• Intelligence varies with people. Think of reading as a tool to sharpen the mind.

There is also different types of "smart". I am not academically smart but most people have considered me as clever smart. Does an academically smart person know how to do critical thinking such as solving a puzzle to open a door? Perhaps. I on the other hand will find ways to open the door, drill on the other side or blow it up =)

The truth is, we are all smart.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe it would help you to read aloud?

What Guys Said 1

• Readings that you know little about or are forced to read are generally hard to get through because the persons mindset or attitude is usualy "I have to do this" and not "I enjoy learning about the subject because I find it interesting"

What Girls Said 1

• Some are just slower than others

• Does that mean I'm not smart?