Do you think I should go to my senior prom?

I had cancer when I was younger so I need canes or a wheelchair now. I don't know if prom would be fun because it'd be difficult for me to dance or anything but my best friend really wants me to go and our friend said she'd go with me so I don't know what to do

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go! The thing is, if you go only for a short time, you can say you went. Even if you only stayed for an hour or so. If you don't go, you will always wonder and maybe even regret it.

Plus you have a few friends willing to go with you. When I went to my prom we had several people in canes or wheelchairs that went. They had a great time. Actually I remember them staying for pretty much the whole thing and they got on the dance floor too.

There will hopefully be tables or an area at least that you can go and just chill if you don't feel like dancing. So that's an option as well, there are usually several people who just aren't into dancing.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes you should go its also about the people and the interaction. you dont want to regret it in 10 years

What Girls Said 6

• Yes you should! Don't miss out on an experience that could potentially be great for you.
    I don't plan on going to junior prom but I'm definitely going to senior prom. You should ask a girl out who you like (or a guy if you swing that way) or take a group of friends and go! It'd be a lot of fun :)
    As long as you're doing better now, cancer shouldn't stop you from havin' fun and bein' a teenager.

• Go with friends kiddo!

• Yes I think you should just simply to experience it

• You should go! Plenty of people don't dance at prom

• if you don't want to go, then don't.

• Yes its so fun and youd regret not going. If your friends are going it makes it funnier.
    Im sure you'll be fine and look great.

What Guys Said 3

• Go then. You don't have to dance necessarily, it might still be fun.
    Hell, if I went to prom, I might not have danced.

• My prom blew, TBH. Loud, shitty music, drunken retards everywhere, and though my date was all right, I didn't even get laid.

But hell, yours might be fun. You won't know unless you try.

• May as well.