What would it mean to Humanity and the effect on Society if it was proven there is a God, and it is a Woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• Religion is man made, and I mean, scribed, taught, made up, and imagined by men. And now they are not able to let it go because here is so much money and power in it.

What Girls Said 3

• I think in that case, many many bakward thinking "religious" men will have an identity crisis and a nervous breakdown lol
    I think the world would be a much better place if God was a woman.

• i'd be very skeptical considering god isn't supposed to look like humans. man or woman, god is god. only reason god is "he" is because that's the automatic place holder for genderless things in semitic languages (in arabic i'm sure, hebrew not sure)

• i would be laughing so hard i would probably pee my self

What Guys Said 6

• I would laugh my head off. That would be awesome. Some horror writers (I just read a Steven King book dealing with this) have toyed with the idea that there is evil only in the after life and the god we go to enslaves us for the rest of eternity. Pretty reflective of the Abrahamic god if you ask me.

• I wonder though, is it Freya?

I would find that interesting, but I am not sure if it would change as much. It is still an omnipotent entity of sorts.

• Definitely, women would get salaries raised...
    and then, men will fall in depression trying to find the lost dad.

• Well he's not a woman so I don't see that happening.

• have you met 'him', or merely propogating your faith?

• I have not met him, I've felt him though also a young Russian girl did actually meet him and painted him, the painting when looked at people who have gone to heaven and returned through experiences such as when they were pronounced dead on a operating table but returned to life unexpectedly looked at the painting and agreed that was what he looked like.

• HHAHha that would be hilarious.

• How could a single god have a sex or a gender, what would that even mean?

Logically a single god should be without a sex and presumably wouldn't be subject to human gender identities.