As a muslim girl, Should I have to believe my mom? All the time?

Ok i know all this sounds incredibly stupide and childish,

i like to state i am 24 years old, not married and the fact i Never prayed or fasted in my life,... sadly...

but these days im praying regulary and later will start the quran but im trying to find my inner faith in islam, iv always been an angry girl but never disobediant... but iv understood of never praying of fasting was a hudge mistake in my life and knowing its not forgiven, but im trying the leave my past mistakes in the past and trying to start a new life but right after praying my mom told me my past will never be forgiven, im trying to have some faith in my life as i already suffer ffrom anxiety and major deperession and know what is there in the afterlife really scares me, i feel like i have no chance to reach heaven of have my mistakes forgiven, im scared to face Allah and not have anything to say... my mom does say right but now i feel myself drifting away from islam and feeling hopless once again...

and as for my parents they were never really strict about me fasting or praying and i couldnt stand to learn it from my mom cause ended up fighting,...

my final question is do i always have to believe my mom that il never be forgiven? Is it okay for me to believe i might be forgiven? ...

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 7

• your mom dont know nothing about forgiveness, believe me im a muslim, Allah will forgive all your sins if you realize that what wrong you done is a sin and if you are ashamed of it. its very good of you that you are stating to change yourself to a better muslim, in very prayer ask Allah to forgive your sins, and im sure Allah will forgive it. its never to late to change yourself to a better person.

• just pray regularly and when you start the Quran im pretty sure you will feel a lot better about faith in islam and about yourself.

• Allah said that he will forgive all sins of a muslim unless he/her realized that what they done is wrong and is a sin and they repent after it.

• What I find in religion and culture, it usually are two, different, and conflicting viewpoints. What I hear Muslims explain what Islam is, and what Christians explain what Christanity is, and then see how their lives are, it is contradictive. Your mom was raised on a strict culture of total obedience. Imams were probably tired of having to teach rebellious people so they became more radicalized. I wouldn't blame them, but I certainly don't agree with them. I think praying is good, so keep praying. Live your life according to the principles that you want to follow. Being a good Muslim requires you to be knowledgeable about what and who you worship. Pray for guidance, for strength. I am Christian, but my God, is your God, and your God is my God. He will help you. Your mom is human, she makes mistakes too, even sins just like you. If she does not forgive you, how could Allah forgive her for her sins against Him? Sins are just errors in humans. If we correct the errors in ourselves, we will cease to stop sinning, therefore Allah can bless us. We do not come into this world knowing all, but knowing nothing. Once we realize that something that we are doing is wrong, we need to change it. I see that you are trying to change it. This is good. Try to love your mother, even if you do not agree with her. Try not to argue either, state your point, if she does not agree, that is okay, let her keep her opinion, unless it is very harmful. In that case, you need to start distancing yourself from her. I don't mean running away, I mean that you need to stop telling her things to avoid a fight. Keep loving her, telling her how much you appreciate her, but do not let her tell you what to believe anymore. You are an adult, she may have raised you, but she was not alone. Life experiences taught you more than any one person, including your mom.

• study history and see if it lines up with Islam and the Quran, cause that's the first thing you have to find out is there any accuracy in what your parents have thought you through out your whole life, cause here's the truth your parents could be wrong about
    Islam, all together

and don't just study the quran read the bible, read the book of mormons, jehovas witness
    study it out, don't believe everything your parents say cause my mom told me a lot of dumb things when I was younger once I studied it out, I took what she told me as truth and threw away the lies she told me,

here is the thing she didn't know any better she never studied it out herself, so she believed a bunch of lies also, kind of like in school today 40% of whats written in are texts books are filled with lies

hun study it out if you have any questions ask

• You are an adult... You need to act on your own as an adult. You need to go see a counselor at a mosque and get your religious advice there... I'm a Christian, so I don't know the details of your religion.. but it would seem to me, the best advice one can get about their religion is someone trained properly in that religion, who can look at a person objectively.

• No you don't have to believe your Momma. Sounds to me like you're
    experiencing your own religious awakening. Bravo ! WELL DONE !

• Is it not written that Allah is merciful?

• Muslims are on the right track and I am :) You do not have to believe the mother

What Girls Said 0