How to cover up selfharm scars?

I'm stressed the fuck out cause of so many reasons. It's all coming at me kow you know, like a storm. I stopped cutting a long time ago but I felt like it was the only thing left that could chill me out. And it did. But now I'm left with two cuts on my left arm and one on my upper left arm. They're pretty obvious so people will notice. I can wear a sweater to school, I only have one test anyway. But I've got a very nice party tomorrow evening and I'm gonna wear something without sleeves. So I gotta cover these cuts up (makeup?) Or make up a real good excuse as to why they are there.

now* instead of kow.

By the way, I'm really not waiting for someone to tell me not to selfharm. I am fully responsible for myself and I know the consequenses of my actions. Yet it's my choice to make so please don't give me the 'stop it, life will get better' speech.
I appreciate the concern though.
I just realised I need an excuse anyway. Cause Sunday my friends with benefits is coming over so he will see. What's a good excuse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why bother to try and cover them. It's never an issue for the guy that loves you. They tell a story. A story of your life and traumas. Just be open and honest with any guy. If they can't handle the scars, and what caused them to exist, then they are not worth bothering with. If you have to, go find a guy that will love whats in the parcel, and not be bothered what it's wrapped in.

• You're right. But the guy that's coming over no longer loves me. And when he did, I just didn't want to tell him cause I didn't want to bother him with it. He wouldn't understand. He would be supportive and love me anyway you know? But he wouldn't understand it. So that's no problem. But the general thought about selfharm is that it means you're weird. You'e weak. They think different of you. So I don't want the people at the party to know.

• Thanks for MHG! Take care, stay safe!

Most Helpful Girl

• Cover them with make-up but in all honesty you're just going to have to come clean about them. They're part of who you are. They'll fade a little with time, maybe try mederma for the long term. I still have a scar on my hand from cutting. It isn't pretty but I love it because it reminds me of how far I've come and that I'm much happier now.

What Guys Said 2

• why the shit do people cut themselves in places where others can see if they don't want people to see? i never understand this. it's like a dude playing with dolls in a park and doesn't want people to know he plays with dolls

• I didn't really think about it to be honest. My arm is already fucked up from bruises and cuts from my work and because I'm not careful that way. I just saw my arm and went for it

• You make it sounds like you're degrading me. As if you're a better person than me cause you don't pain yourselve and you don't smoke weed. I'm sorry if I got the wrong idea but I mean, we are all free people with our own choices to make. Why do those choices define if one is a better person than one another? We all think differently, we make different choices. Choices that connect with our lifestyle. You don't know what it's like to live someone else's lifestyle. So why judge about it? But that's just my stoned mind talking

• i mean if you wanna take it that way, i'm fine with it. i just think there's a better alternative to cutting yourself, especially when you don't exactly like the fact and concerned about others knowing you cut yourself. it's like, if it's that much of a problem, don't do it. it's you have a choice. that's all i'm saying. if i don't like the feeling of banging my head against the wall, my 1st instinct is not to keep hitting my head against the wall... and i don't give a shit about the weed thing. my best friend (when we were in college) smoked all the time and we used to go on "adventures"

• Don't, scars are hot...

• I think the people who will see mines won't think that way, sadly

What Girls Said 2

• Just use makeup. Or tell people you went through a rough time and you got through it.

• Any tips on makeup cover up?

• Alright thanks:)

• You're very welcome! :)

• Concealer maybe? Or like a tattoo cover up? I usually just keep a hoodie on to cover mine, but then they're in a place that's not very hard to hide.

• I'm thinking about putting a bandage on anyway. On the two cuts that are on my under arm. Not on the one on my upper arm. That will be because of my cat. Now I need an excuse for the bandage. Any ideas?

• He always point my cuts out though. Even if they're just innocent cuts from work of something. I think he has his suspiscions. He asked me about it too sometime. I said no

• Well maybe it's time to tell him.