Do you believe mosques in America should be closed down?

Do you think all the mosques in America should be shut down? I think majority of Democrats may say no while majority of Republicans may say yes

• Conservative/Republican voting yes to shut down mosques in America
  • Liberal/Democrat voting no to shut down mosques in America
  • Conservative/Republican voting no to shut down mosques in America
  • Liberal/Democrat voting yes to shut down mosques in America
  • Neither voting yes to shut down mosques in America
  • Neither voting no to shut down mosques in America
I find it really hard to believe that 5 Democrats voted yes while only 1 Republican voted yes. Seems like the poll answerers aren't being too honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• I come from a Muslim Arab country, we have a few churches and synagogues here although we are almost exclusively Muslim ( with a small community of Jews around 3000 Tunisian Jews mostly living in 2 cities). I have been to 2 of them who are in the heart of the capital, one is Catholic and run by Italian sisiters and the other one is Orthodox mostly attended by Christian expacts living in Tunisia. If the government ever decides to shut down the jewish or Christian places of worship I would be revolted and furious.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• Why would they? If mosques get shut down then it's only fair that all places of worship get shut down.

• I'm a registered republican and no mosques should not be closed. That's stupid.

There are more problems with Christian terrorists than Muslim terrorists. If anything we should be closing churches.

• "There are more problems with Christian terrorists than Muslim terrorists."

You don't read the news much do you.

• @MichaelJoseph89 It's not true as evidenced by the article I linked you too. Once again, the library can help you with that. Honestly if you want to sit around ignore facts just let everyone know so we can stop wasting our time attempting to communicate with you.

• And you know you don't have to tag me on my own thread where we're literally the only ones talking right?

• In that case close down all churches as well!!! America is the home of the free (even though we're all mental slave's) not the land if only hypocrisy. If they can't have a peaceful place to pray and worship than know one should. Point, blank, PERIOD! You can't force someone to do what u want, or believe in what you believe. Everyone in america wants you to be who u are, yet try to control you when they don't like your lifestyle smh. #AintThisAB***h lol

• You want to close mosques but not the Westboro Baptist Church? You need to get your priorities straight!

• That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you did the same thing to all Catholic churches, it would be bedlam.

• Conservative or liberal, anyone who respects the constitution of this nation would not support shutting down any place of worship. To our founders, our freedoms were endowed by our creator. They could not be taken by a government because they had no authority to do so.

• Why not shut all places of worship down? Specifically Christan churches...

• No. But, all places of worship should have strict zoning ordinances enforced (e. g. can't be bigger than X). If hate preaching is the concern, then just punish the radical imams.

• I'm vote against a closing all mosques but what's pissing me off is that everyone feels the need to compare Christian churches and Islam mosques. Why do people hate Christianity so much?

• apolitical voting no.

• Of course not

• Nopeeeeeeeeee

• But people turn a blind eye to radical Christianity, such as the preacher in Colorado who thinks Girl Scout Leaders should literally be killed because the organization doesn't ban gays.

m.huffpost.com/.../girl-scouts-gay-pastor_us_56e83fffe4b065e2e3d7697c

What Guys Said 14

• Religious freedom is one of the cornerstones of American democracy. Once we start with one group, it becomes easier and easier to shut down others, until the separation between church and state becomes a thing of memory. I am pagan, and if we start with mosques how long until it becomes my groves? We must as people stand for the minority, as we also are a minority in some way. Do not think that hatred and bigotry stop once they start.

In Nazi Germany it started with the mentally disabled, by the end it was handicapped, jews, gypsies, Catholics, Gays, etc etc. But it started small. Don't let it start at all its the best defense against them coming for you.

There is nothing wrong with being scared as there really is a group that wishes to kill all Americans, but they even more want to kill our freedoms and core values, and acting in such a way is giving them what they want (a holy war).

I am an independent voter, and do not identify with any party.

• I very much agree with you. There's just one small but important correction I would like to make as European: catholics weren't discriminated by the Nazis. Contrary to what some uninformed idiots such as Bill O'Reilly like to claim, Hitler wasn't an atheist and Nazism was anything but atheistic. Hitler himself was a catholic and the connection between the Nazis and religious groups (especially catholicism) are numerous. Hitler only managed to become Reichskanzler (chancellor) with the help of the catholic parties DNP and DNVP. On the belt buckles of every SS-member it said "Gott mit uns" ("God with us"). Catholic priests had the job to ritually bless the troupes of the Wehrmacht before every battle. And perhaps most importantly, the Vatican made it possible after the war for all the high Nazi criminals to escape (via the Vatican) to South America and not be tried by the allies.
      The Nazis worked closely together with both churches but especially the catholic.

• @jacquesvol Ah yes, of course. I completely forgot about them.

• @BlueCoyote thank you very much for the information, I hate spreading misinformation

• Republican

I believe that the ones erected by immigrants from nations which do not allow religious freedom should be shut down until their own governments reciprocate. But the ones erected by indigenous Muslims or Muslims from nations which do practice religious freedom should be allowed to stay.

As a rule of thumb, I do not believe that we should extend tolerance, religious freedom, or any of our Western values to anyone who is unwilling to reciprocate, because it puts us at a disadvantage while enabling them.

• No way that would definitely go against free speech and just seems like a form of discrimination.

• Maybe closing down mosques would reduce Islamic growth.

It shouldn't even be considered a religion, same for Scientology and Jehovah's Witnesses, really.

• Burn down only mosques? Why not all religious congregation buildings to build more hospitals and schools?

• No.

Where else do you expect them to plot terror acts?

• Anyone who votes yes I wanna hit you in the face with a brick.

• Yes. Let us blame religion for society's problems. This is a reasonable conclusion that any sensible man would make. "It's not my fault it's them over there"

• It's freedom of religion
    You can't close it down for the simple reason that it's a mosque

• No that's completely unconstitutional.

• Why are you singling out Mosques? And the U. S. has separation of church and state (ideally).

• No that would be against free speech, I think the better thing to do would be to stop Muslims from coming here, and discriminate against muslims currently living here so that they all leave the country and go live somewhere else. This way the mosques dont have any clients and are forced to close on their own.

• If I'm not mistaken then the freedom to believe in what ever made-up creature is still in your constitution.

And heck, if someone is proposing to closing mosques then all churches should be closed to. Heck, I wouldn't mind getting to sleep in Sundays and not having to wake up to fcking bell ringing

• Only after Christian churches are closed.