Do people who complain a lot bother you?

People who constantly complain about things really piss me off because I've been through a lot in my life so far but I always keep a positive attitude don't complain. I think each day you wake up is a gift so you should try make the best of it no matter what you're going through instead of wasting time and energy bitching about it

@Sexystudent You blocked me instead of responding. That's really mature for a 25 year old

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, they definitely do. I try to be positive and look at the good side of things. But I do enjoy a good rant from time to time. I don't consider that the same as complaining.

Most Helpful Guy

• Holy fuck, yes. Like everyone has the odd complaint now and then and needs to vent, and that's fine. But people who just complain for a living drive me nuts. Go have some actually terrible shit happen to you and then get back to me about how stupid your coworkers are. I get frustrated like anyone else, but I can step back and see that in the big picture that I don't have any "real" problems, so I count my stars that I'm in that position.

What Girls Said 15

• Depends what they are complaining about. The only time it's annoying is if it's something that's really minor and they make a huge deal out of it.

For example, once I was at the school restroom before school and there was this girl in front of the mirror talking to her friend and putting on makeup and their convo literally went like this:
    Girl: Does it look like I'm caking on makeup?
    Friend: No, but why are you doing that here?
    Girl: I didn't have time to put it on at home.
    Friend: Why?
    Girl: I woke up late, my dad got so pissed because now he's going to be late to work. He rushed me out the door, he's such a jerk. Now I have to put this on here. I hateeee my life so much. You don't even know how much I hate it. Ugh, no one could possibly have it as bad as me.

She was wearing brand name clothes, putting on makeup from MAC, Sephora, and other brand names. And yet, she was totally serious, you could tell. Girl actually thinks her life is as bad as it can possibly get.

I was just standing there and in my mind I'm like "bitch, what?". Granted the only reason I was in there was to put cold water on my face because I felt very nauseous and ended up having my mom pick me up before my first class because I felt so sick (been really sick for 4 weeks at that point, lost nine pounds, doctors didn't know what was up, was seeing a specialist the following week). Given my situation of being quite ill I was so irritated at that girl. I clearly had a medical problem that could be serious and I don't "hate my life so much". Half the people in third world countries would love to have her life and even mine because at least I am now receiving treatment.

That girl is so ungrateful and spoiled. Sorry that was a long story but it realllyyyyy got my goat.

• Nah but people probably think so.

• Depends on what about an how much.

If they're complaining a lot in general then it's fine, I do the same lol
    But if they're complaining a lot about 1 specific thing I'll end up wanting to punch them in the mouth eventually.

• Everyone processes things differently. I've seen some really bad things.. like to degrees most peopke couldn't wrap their heads around. And for a while I was miserable and angsty and hated everything and let everyone know it. And I still get like that during a full moon. But more often than not I'm doing fine.

Everyone has to cope in their own ways. Its no skin off my nose if someone wants to bitch and moan cuz I can choose not to listen

• I think it depends on what are they complaining about. If it is just a petty thing, yes it bothers me because I believe there're people who have to deal with much more important issues.

• No people with your attitude piss me off

• Why? Because you're a the type of person who incessantly bitches about things instead of fixing their problems or making the best of the situation like an adult?

• Also, if you broke 2 vertebrae and 2 ribs and had internal bleeding that caused increased pressure on your spinal cord and brain and gave you the most severe back pain and headache you could imagine for 4 days straight until the swelling went down enough to do the surgery you'd consider that alone going through a lot you dumb bitch

• With all the time I spent in hospitals I've seen many little kids who had it much worse than me so that's why I learned to always be grateful for what I do have and make the best of shitty situations and never complain instead of being a whiny little cunt like you

• I work retail and people are always complaining about prices or giving a discount on clothes. Or people who complain about the clothes being "in bad shape" but throw it on the floor or over the racks...😑

• it doesn't bother me, but complaining is so awful for your mental health, so I wish some people didn't to it as much as they do

• It only
    Pisses me off when they have no plan in place to fix what they're complaining about.

• Yes! "Eww I got splotch of mud on me" me: well damn, I walked through a pond with tadpoles, frogs, mosquito larvae to catch baby frogs! (When I was younger)

• Absolutely. They're the worst and I live with one :/ even worse when they complain about something they can fix and refuse to do anything about it

• Only if they are important in my life.

• Only if they gossip

• Yes.

• Yes, it's very annoying

What Guys Said 14

• I don't complain to others and I'm a good listener who can tolerate a lot so it takes a lot to reach my limit.

• My only complaints are based on lack of integrity within a given system. Overall, I don't complain much because complainers are unpleasant and often needlessly abrasive.

• Yes, to a great extent.

• Depends on how severely they're complaining and for how long, and depends on what they are complaining about.

Sometimes it's just nice to complain when you can't really do anything about it.

• I don't mean occasional complaining because I know most people can't make it through life without that. I mean people who are always complaining about something

• That IS annoying.

• yes, I always ask them "how are you fixed for spit"

• Of course it bothers me. I'm a boss at my job so I constantly have to hear complaints from employees bitching and moaning. It's one of the most stressful parts of my job.

• Yeah, because apparently they are too lazy to take care of their own business themselves so they whine to see if someone else can fix it for them.

• If they are complaining about things are out of their control I understand
    If they are complaining about things that are within their control and they can change, then I get really upset and ignore them

• Haha that is totally me.
    Yeah sometimes people gotta chill, but complaining can equal change.

• its "venting" mostly.

• When they can't appreciate the small good thhings they have also, yes.

• Yes ma'am I agree...

• Actually I can feel 'em somehow... I don't complain generally... but when I start blamin' about da fact I was born in 1991 and not 30-35 years earlier... I won't stop tellin' about how 21st century sucks...

But it's not a lie it sucks... it sucks a lot... world should remain da same after da century turn... but unfortunately it changed a lot...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more