Name the baby! Please?

Here's the deal, we've been combing through baby name books and websites for months and can't find anything that we just love, so we come to you in hopes that you guys have some fresh ideas 💡.
🚫only rule: nothing boringly average like (no offense) Jessica, Amy, Michael, Bob, Susan, Ashley, David, you get it?

Things like Ezra, Maddox, Astrid, Sawyer, Isaiah, Falon, Skyler... this kinda unique BUT normal is what we want.

And go you crazy awesome gaggers!💋

Updates:
You guys have been really awesome with these names and we actually have pulled a few from here to consider into our mix. Thanks everyone who took the time to offer some fresh suggestions and gove advice, and please forgive me for using "boringly average", I should have used something along the lines of "traditional". My husband and myself have very traditional and dated names and we just meant that we were seeking something unique. Thanks again guys and gas!

1|1
34|26

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl: (month names) January (like January Jones), April, May, June. I'd name a daughter September if I could. My mother's name is June and her twin is Joyce. Genevieve. Delia.

Boys: Vincent, Victor, Murphy, August or Augustus, Julius, Octavius, Tiberius (that's Captain Kirk's middle name), Tucker. Just please God no more fucking Kevins.

1|1
    0|0
    • I know Captain James Tiberius Kirk, there's an inner nerd in me!😜 haha thanks, definitely no Kevin!

• Show All
    • Deal!

• Kim (boy or girl - if girl, use the whole name Kimberly), Robin
      Girls: Audrey, Arden, Gail/Gayle, Deidre, Persephone, Persis
      Boys: Keir (like the actor Keir Dullea), Marcus, Roan, Bay (short for Bayard), Steele

What Guys Said 25

• Normal named kids have a better shot at getting a job because those names are common. Stranger named kids are more noticeable but get mistakes for African American who get the short end of the stick on the job markets. It's in the statistics.

Go with the classics? Ernest? Audrey?

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the advice. That is something we'll look out for =)

• Thaddeus.
    Shabootyquiqui.
    Shaznay.
    Chardonnay.
    Kylie Capri Ghia.
    Areola.
    Clitoria.
    Gruber.
    Proxy.
    Melvaar.

2|0
    0|0
  • LOL Please pick maddox it's the best name in the universe:
    http://maddox.xmission.com/

1|0
    0|0
  • My name would translate to Gabriel in the western world, so I'll go with that.

1|0
    0|0
    • We actually have a 5yr old Gabriel! I love that name

• What about my name? Kevin!!

Or names I also like are:
    Boys: Adrian, Douwe, Lasse
    Girls: Lieve, Franka, Vita

1|0
    0|0
    • Sadly I've already given my word to @abc3643 that I would refrain from Kevin 😔. But I love Adrian!

• you can use that also for girls just put an A or E at the end

• Stone, Griffith, Lucian, Severa, Adrienne, Titania. I don't know, I'm not good at naming stuff.

1|0
    0|0
    • Congrats on the kid, by the way. Some people seem to like being around those little creatures.

• Haha thank you! And thanks for the names too, I actually like Lucian, that will be a mention to my guy 😊

• How about.
    Timothy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Semyon, Keegan, Talon, Ivory and Ember off the top of my head

1|0
    0|0
    • Ember is one I love and my husband is not a fan of =(

• Luna is a mint name

1|0
    0|0
  • Jebodiah.

1|0
    0|0
  • Skyler

1|0
    0|0
  • What about Wael 😛or Mazen?

1|0
    0|0
  • Storm.

That is unisex, by the way.

1|0
    0|0
    • I actually dig that, I know a Stormie also. Thanks =)

• I knew a girl in grade school named Storm! I thought it was pretty.

• If I ever have a child, I want to name them Storm. If I have another child, then I'll have to think of another natural phenomenon, I guess.

• Troy
    Connor
    Calvin
    Sky
    Rapunzel
    Jade

1|0
    0|0
  • girl : Naya
    boy : Adam

1|0
    0|0
  • Boringly average? LOL

0|0
    0|0
    • You know what I'm saying, those names where the parent's just had zero creative juices running and flipped a coin for sally or suzie/ william or brad

• Show All
    • You didn't offend me. I was just taking my shot at being a comedian.

• Okay well sorry, read that all wrong then. Thanks for the tips

• Osama Bin Laden

0|0
    0|0
  • So you want stripper names?

0|0
    0|0
    • Here is a list of popular stripper names... www.star941fm.com/.../22961071

• Do the names I listed sound stripper to you? Now I'll admit that a strip club isn't my thing, and I've only known 2 strippers who were names Starla and Kristi, but I would imagine their names to be more along the lines of: Sugar, Candy, Brandy, Starla, She's my cherry pie, pour some sugar on me😏 lol

• Yeah, they sound sort of slippery strippery. :D Check the list I gave you... Anastasia, Jade, Raven, Diamond, Star, Layla, Ashlynn, Chyna, London, Capri, etc. All your the names for your potential pole dancing daughter. lol

• Lol, I know you're white.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why? Are my suggestions really dripping with caucasianism?

• Soaked in it.

• Well hey, it is what it is. My beautiful caucasian/Spanish baby will just be all wrapped up in their white name lol.

• Chad Thundercock

0|0
    0|0
  • Vladimir.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cotton
    Sun
    Damion
    Cláudio
    Deni
    Nate
    Bart

1|0
    0|0
  • What about Roman?

1|0
    0|0
    • It's different and reminds me a lot of Rowan which I love but my guy hates

• Fair enough. I know a guy called Rohan, which is even more unusual :)

• Mephistopheles...

0|0
    0|0
    • A demon?

• Show All
    • Seriously though... why yer askin' some online strangers to name yer kid? Well to be honest I don't give a shit anyway since I dislike kids generally... but I just find it weird...

A name's something someone carries for da rest of his/her life forever... imagine if someone took seriously all those crazy suggestions people make here...

To be blunt don't do anything foolish and give a unique name... otherwise he/she's gonna hate ya when ya grow up...

• This is a touchy subject for people lol. I'm asking for ideas only. Obviously we are going to think about and consider what we like, how it sounds, how mean kids in school might flip it. I don't think asking for fresh suggestions is that bad of parenting. We just are coming full circle with names now and so we reached out for some fresh ideas.

• Girls: Flannery, Summer, Lace, Cynthia, Leil, May, Winona, Zara

Boys: Lance, Blaine, Winter, Leyton, Falkner, Odin, Wyler, Zane

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 34

• Lol I'm with you on the common names! Personally I'm a fan of names that are unusual or unique, but not totally exotic looking (no or minimal troubles spelling/pronouncing.. no offense to those with such names!). :)

Girl names: Summer, Tessa, Rose, Lyra, Elesa, Skyla, Marissa, Ruby

Boy names: Dale, Jasper, Wallace... yeah I'm not so good with boy names lol

Congrats on your baby!

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for understanding lol! I've gotten some backlash that was unexpected lol. And thanks for the congrats! Skyla is a new one, and Jasper is pretty unique. I like it! Thanks again =)

• Whenever I'm thinking of a name for a person if I'm writing, I always try to pick a name relating to their ethnic background, so that they have a tie to their history.

What are the ethnic backgrounds of you and the father? Also what is the gender?

If you were hypothetically Russian, you could go with: Anastastia, Dimitri, Adelaida, or Abram.

If you were hypothetically Ghanaian, you could go with: Ghazi, Kaseem, A'ishah, or Sa'diyah.

If you were hypothetically Bengali (North Indian), you could go with: Sarvani, Ashok, Hena, Nikita. or Aarov.

If you were hypothetically Argentinian, you could go with: Thiago, Julieta, Florencia, or Valentino.

If you were hypothetically Yup'ik (Alaska Native), you could go with: Yaari or Eska.

Names I've always liked include: Nazarena, Sebastian, Klaus.

Perhaps a baby Victoria or Aleksander or Amina?

1|0
    0|0
    • We are so mixed on my side from native america to Irish and my husband is from Spain. We aren't sure that we are going to find out the gender, we want a boy and girl name to be ready though. That's a good idea though for us to look into and Klaus is a great name. Thanks for the idea =)

• You're welcome, and yeah, I plan on naming one of my kids Klaus.

• Do you know if you're having a boy or girl?
    I'm certain whenever I have kids, they will be named one of these. haha! :)
    Boys: Nash, Jackson, Nathan, Austin, Luke
    Girls: Bailey, Grace, Harper, Savannah, Melanie

1|1
    0|0
  • Avalon, Aztec, Apache, Ambrosia, Achilles, Andiago, Azarach, Abnar, Aedreus, Akkubian, Ambrosia, Ambrette, Aralia, Camellia, Cavador, Cosnor, Dalaghla, Dusk, Dallas, Deriko, Dynas, Fernando, Flimber, Finnley, Falabe, Garron, Hastol, Isaiah, Jarachi, Kansas, Lilac, Malaria, Malachi, Magrett, Moechi, Navada, Oswald, Omasti, Petunia, Pastelle (as in colorful, for creative people), Palamon, Quesimon, Quinn, Ronaldo, Reighla, Serinity, Salvador, Titus, Winston, Wilson, Xariuss, Zamendo, Zarzuela (s). I came up with MOST of these names.. But I'll be willing to share ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • For girls I like the names Luna, Valentina, Aria, Lilith and Delilah. I also like gem names like Ruby, Amber and Jade.

As for guys I like Hunter, Ethan, Jeremiah, Zander, Donovan and Milo.

1|0
    0|0
    • We have such similar name taste. I tried to name my first 2 kids Zander (Xander) and no one would go for it. Also love Aria, Ethan we are debating about, and love Hunter! Great list =)

• Beauregard.

3|0
    0|0
  • Artemisia, Onnelissuus (maybe I fucked up, it's happiness in finish), Charlize, Solange aaand, yeah, that's it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Angel!

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls:
    Skipper, Shea, Robyn, Gisselle, Kim, Riley, Maddie / Madelynne, Mia, Maya, Shelby

Guys:
    Ezekiel, Noah, Ezra, Skip, Levi, Driscole - Cole, for short, Kent, Shelby, Riley, Reed, Trent

1|0
    0|0
    • Love love love Ezekiel! Thanks =)

• Well I shall allow you to have my two favourite names.. These are what our children will be called, should we be blessed in having them.

Boy: Sebastien

Girl: Chantelle

1|0
    0|0
    • We are actually one of what I assume to be the only families with a full cast of Little Mermaid character names: we have a Sabastian, Arial, and Ursula in my family lol.

• @Asker.. How absolutely lovely and of course so unique. :)

• I like Elena, Candice, Magnolia, Anne-Sophie, Alina, Maren, Delilah, Ella or Miriam for girls

Nathaniel (Nate), Søren , Henrik or Bjorn (pretty common in northern Europe tho), Alec, Finn, Ashton, Conor or Bellamy for boys

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls: Valentina, Elle, Oceana, Coco, Gia, Anja, Destiny, Flora, Portia, Joy, Pearl, Esmeralda, Raven, Lorena, Scarlette, Aphrodite
    Boys: Jasper, Sterling, Indigo, Milan, Azure, Cortez, Princeton, Orion, Ethan, Romeo, Hudson, Aaron, Phoenix, Reuben, Elvis

1|0
    0|0
    • Phoenix is a first! I actually love that. Lots of good stuff in that list! Thank you

• Indigo, Rain, Magnolia!

1|0
    0|0
  • What is wrong with my name? 😢

Girls: Marina, Gaia, Isabelle, Elise or something Scandinavian like Ditte.
    Boys: Olivier, Julian, Douwe, Björn, Joost

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sure your name is great! I should have worded that different. My name is very traditional amd dated even, Melissa, and I just wanted something a little more unique for our baby.

• My name is Astrid so it's too unique.

• I love Evangeline and Adrienne for girls. For boys I like Graham, Henry, and Desmond

1|1
    0|0
  • Girls - Lile (name of old Georgian goddess)
    Bea (happy)
    Esma
    Iren (Peace)
    Ava
    Sybill
    Boys- Cato
    Noah
    Saba

1|0
    0|0
  • I assume it is a boy from all of the names listed. I am partial to Ezra, since that is my son's name, but other names we considered were Xavier and Atticus.

1|0
    0|0
    • I love Ezra a lot and I love Atticus as well, he wouldn't let me name our baby that so I actually just named our kitten Atticus lol. Thank you =)

• Girls- Lucia, Scarlett, Alana, Asia
    Boys- Lincoln, Gray, Mason, Julian
    Uni-sex- Aubrey, Ashtyn, Riley

1|0
    0|0
  • Aja, Jasia, names of that nature... I don't have a lot of girl names.
    For boys... Uriah, Josiah, Eli ( if Eli isn't too average of a name for u)

1|1
    0|0
  • Ava-lee, Zaya, Delila,

www. fitpregnancycom

1|0
    0|0
  • Chrysandra
    Kizzy
    Vance
    Serisha
    Lilith
    Desmond
    Teagan
    Collins
    Harper
    Rex
    Shane
    Wesley
    Brook

1|0
    0|0
    • Love love Harper and Desmond. Thank you!

• Harper and Desmond are actually 'traditional and boring names' from the 1920's and 1930's. In fact, a lot of the names you have a preference for have a 20/30's flavour to them. Perhaps it might be worthwhile looking up ' popular names from the 1920s'. Or 1930s. It was a period of free creative expression, yet simple elegance, after the repression of the first war. Good Luck finding a baby name!

• @Poppykate Thank you so much! Will look into it =)

• Isabelle, aleah, Addison, Joanna. Some of my favorites.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here are names of ny favorite book characters:
    Maddox
    Lucian
    Reyes
    Sabin
    Aeron
    Gideon
    Amun
    Aiden
    Strider
    Paris
    Kane
    Torin

1|0
    0|0
    • Love this list! I actually have been digging through book character names.

• Yes. They are from a series called lords of the underworld by Gena Showalter (love her so much)

• lily
    lisse
    madeline
    jacqueline

1|0
    0|0
  • Mya (girls) Cade or Kade ( neutral) Issac (boys) I think those are all cute if i have kids one day I think those would be names I'd consider good luck (:

1|0
    0|0
  • Jaqueline
    Shanaynay
    Emanuel
    Cristoff
    Eugene
    Caprice
    Bente

That's all I could think off. I hope it goes well

Xxxx

2|0