Was I mean for not introducing myself to his mother?

So I have this friend and I went over to his house 3 times this week, last time being today. His mom doesn't know me but when she got home from work today I was still there and I went up to her, I said "hello" and then I went back into his room. So was I mean for not introducing myself to her? Her son told me not to worry about it because she doesn't get mad over this kind of things, and I was really shy because I had never met her before, but I still think it was mean from me not to introduce myself. Was it?

Most Helpful Guy

• No big deal. In reality, you and your boy friend ("boy" being the key word here) are both toads for not introducing you to his mother. However, you both get a pass as you are only now discovering how the world works, and have apparently been given few hints. When I was your age, most people in your age group had been taught the basics of common courtesy, and employed them at every opportunity for fear of the bloodletting which would follow, should we fail to recognize an opportunity. So, I suggest you merely think of your feaux pas as an oversight which you can correct the next time you see your boyfriends mother.

Most Helpful Girl

• Greeting her and introducing yourself would have been the friendliest and best thing but in the grander scheme of things it's not the worst thing and at least you still acknowledged her.

What Guys Said 3

• Your friend should have introduced you, it is not your responsibility in my opinion. But you can if you want.

• i dont think it was mean but maybe next time say i my name is and then u won't feel so bad about it.

• Don't sweat it; you'll have ample opportunities since you are around his house a lot *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

What Girls Said 0