Does overnight charging a Samsung s6 damage the battery life?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• i think most phones have a sensor or something built in that prevents them from being over charged, and effecting batteries, though I don't know for sure.
    really, it's a question you're better off e-mail to samsung customer support.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should avoid charging it for many hours.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Electronic devices nowadays don't overcharge like they used to and damage the battery. There's a built in safety that prevents that from happening.

2|0
    0|0
  • *ahem*

smart chargers

peace. im out

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's be real here. Due to planned obsolescence, you will have a new phone in the next 2 to 4 years. You can pretty much do what you want, the battery won't go bad in that time usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, modern phones will stop charging the battery once it's full, and will also stop taking power from the battery before it goes past the point of no return (if you flatten a Lithium ion battery past a certain point, it starts losing capacity, eventually it won't charge at all, so it's better to keep it topped up)

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The charging system stops the charge when the battery is full. It's better to charge before the battery goes dead... running a battery dead isn't good for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • not unless it's charging circuitry is broken

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!