Do you play dumb? Do you do so often?

I play dumb all the time everywhere. I play it so well people think I am dumb. Or am I playing at all?

Do you play dumb? Do you do so often?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I don't Wish to Get Involved Nor Answer Anything that I feel Might Incriminate me, @Walls_and_Doors, I Merely Say: I don't know anything about it.
    People who do know me though and know how Wise I am, 'Know' that I may be "Playing" but do not dare to Challenge me when I Am... Saying.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much @Walls_and_Doors for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• it really depends on the situation: I only play dumb, if someone expects me to do hard work that I don't fancy doing, then I play dumb to seem underqualified... or so that they don't expect perfection out of me. So I can relax, and don't actually do my best, because I wasn't interested in that in the first place.

The second occasion where I play dumb is when I see someone cocky about a subject, either being right or wrong, but especially when they're ballantly wrong, but talk with all the confidence in the world, especially about something technical: Most people that actually know about that subject, would try to prove him wrong or get into a discussion to prove how cocky and stupid he is being, or just to point out his flaws, etc. I don't fancy discussions IRL, so I just play dumb and let him "teach me", I ask questions as if I know nothing about the subject and I keep analysing all his moves, words and way of speaking, only building my mental image of this person who is only digging his own grave... I then despise such people.. always act cordial, but despise them on the inside, and know they're worth nothing

What Girls Said 10

• Not always lol!

• No. Being dumb isn't exactly a positive trait. I want others to see me for who I am. I don't want to act. Neither do I want people to think negatively of me, much less because of a fake image of me.

• why would I want people to perceive me as dumb. That in itself is dumb

• Because you're a double-agent who is sneaking around collecting data on everyone so you can turn it over and shout "aha!" defeating them all in one swoop as you know all their weaknesses! ... ?

• Sadly due to my curios question and being confused about somethings. People end up thinking i'm not being serious and acting dumb. Which hurts greatly since I'm actually being serious. :'(

• I like to play dumb to get people to do things for me. Like; I am just a girl I no understand things in the world please will you fix xyz.

• Yeah cuz less people bother me

• I think playing dumb is being dumb. Don't hide you intelligence it's what makes you interesting.

• I don't play dumb, but the defenseless weak girl.

• Not very often , but i have did this to a few people who have tried to manipulate me , so i intentionally made them out look a fool by playing dumb

• I don't have to play dumb. I am already dumb as a rock. I have attempted to play dumb-er before though.

What Guys Said 6

• I attempt to simplify everything as much as I can, and still get told I'm the smartest person they know...

• nope. I'm already dumb enough as it is

• I don't play dumb as much as I play ignorant. I do it to see what kind of misconceptions people will develop towards me and to kind of play with them, like lead them into believe things. It's kinda messed up

• I'm too dumb to play dumb.

• no worries when I talk to girls I tell them im a virgin sometimes too see how they reaction lol