Will college still be fun if I can't drink or anything like that?

I'm on a few pretty hardcore painkillers and muscle relaxants and several other prescription medicines so it would be really dangerous for me to drink or try any drugs. Is it possible for me to still have a lot of fun in college even though I won't be able to drink or try anything at parties like most people do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, college would still be fun without drinking or anything like that. Drinking at a party is an option so don't do it, if you don't want to.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah as long as you aren't dull as fuck who absolutely needs recreational substances to simply enjoy himself

• I've made it this far without any recreational drugs. I'm just worried that basically everyone will be drunk or high at parties so I'll just be the odd man out

• There's nothing odd about it, it's pretty respectable actually.

• Why go to college if all your going to do is party. It's a waste of your parents money. Bringing them into debt that will never be paid off. If you are going to school you should be serious about it.

• Join a club or something.

• Lol I don't need a lecture from an anonymous stranger on the internet. I'm going to college on a full academic scholarship because I'm smart and I take my studies very seriously. My grades always come first but I also want to have fun because pretty much every adult I know says college was the best four years of their life

• In the future you shouldn't assume things about people you don't know

What Guys Said 4

• Sure, just take some extras before the party.

Seriously, though, if you are able to socialize and laugh without alcohol/drugs, you can get by fine at parties without them.

• I have friends and I'm able to socialize normally but if I go to a party and everyone else is drunk and I'm sober won't that kind of suck?

• I knew some people in college who didn't drink and some of them still went to parties. If you can relax and get in the mood, you don't need to actually be drunk.

Of course, you may find that parties are boring sober; drunk people aren't that interesting when you're not one of them.

• I guess not everyone in college goes to parties anyway. I can still make some friends and do stuff without going to parties every weekend

• Drinking and drugs is not the point of college and having fun is possible without those stimulants.

• Drinking does not always equal fun.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more