I turn 17 tomorrow, give me advice?

All alone on the eeeddgeee ooffffff... seventeeeeeeenn :P
(As I write this I'm listening to this for the 6th (Scratch. 7th (Scratch. 8th)) time in a row. Don't judge me please)

So yeah, my birthday is tomorrow. I don't think I've told you on GAG that before, so... now you know. I will be 17.
What should I focus the most on?
~Studies?
~Physical fitness (I'll be starting my Gold DofE soon, and I have to choose something for the Physical) and if so, what do I do? I'm sort of average fitness at the moment, but I get the feeling in the next few years I'll have to decide how I want to keep in shape.
~Self confidence? This is most likely the hardest one to deal with BY FAR, but it probably need tackling :/

Or just any other advice you want to give, lay it on me :)

@broadsword @MustacheKitteh @Prof_Don @OlderAndWiser @ConsultantIsBack
Sorry for bothering you D:

Happy birthday to me :P

Most Helpful Girl

• You need a balance. Self confidence is very important definitely, but feeling good about your achievements in other areas will help that. Maybe identify the things you feel less confident about and work at them individually (and in small steps, don't beat yourself up if they're hard! <3 )

Studies are definitely very important. Getting good A Levels will really help you with anything you want to do next. That said your grades don't define you, and you shouldn't stress about them so much that you're compromising your health. Work hard, but break studying up into manageable chunks and make sure you're looking after yourself and getting all the help you need at the same time :)

Fitness wise I have the least experience honestly haha, I'm not very fit at all. Gold DofE sounds dead impressive to me!!

• Well, I'm skipping the Silver after getting my Bronze, mainly because I don't have the time (exams, universities, etc.) and I don't want to run out of steam. So really I'm a bit of a fraud :P
      It's not uncommon to do that though.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would work on self-confidence because it will help you in so many endeavors. Understand that you are unaware of most of the flaws in others but you are aware of every flaw in yourself, so you will always judge yourself more harshly. Every guy does not want the same things in a girl and there are some guys out there who would say that you are exactly what they want. You may mot meet the expectations of most people but, if you are looking for a partner, you only need to find one.

To paraphrase Rabbi Hillel, "If I am not for myself, who else should be?" Start being your best friend and you will have a best friend who will never desert you.

What Girls Said 8

• Stay seventeen. The party scene has got the best of me and you. We've got to let this go. Here's to the fast times; the times we felt alive;
    to all the nights that we forgot to get back home.
    Stay seventeen,
    the party scene has got the best of me and you,
    we've got to let this go...

Drink up last call before the sunrise sets the scene,
    of empty bottles, heavy hearts,
    the memories of broken dreams...
    We were so tired yet so alive,
    wrapped up in lies like sheets of another one night stand,
    you know you left the girl with nothing but the,

• Sunrise through the window pane where tired eyes will close.

• My life isn't this alcohol fuelled by a long margin, but I appreciate the gesture :)

• Every time someone says they are seventeen, I just get that lyric in my head. Imagine what it was like when *I* was 17.

• Start working on having better study skills and other ones to help you survive after high school. Since teachers don't teach you anything about how to be ready for it. So it ends up overloading you.

I can't help you with the self confidence. Since I don't even have any confidence in myself.

• Happy belated Birthday 🎁🎈

• HAPPT BIRTHDAY! STUDY SKILLS! MOTIVATION FOR LIFE! WORK ON FINDING A HEALTHY ROUTINE! (: HAPPY B-DAY!

• Focus on education. It'll not only help you with getting to higher education and a better paying job but will also contribute to your self confidence. One shoukd always find time to be active as well.

• I don't know be happy and go to awesome parties! (Not wild ones)

• Live it up son, live it up!

• What you like the most
    Don't study that's super boring, just go lazy around the house

• You are being sarcastic, right?

• No, it's just what I do the majority of the time watch anime and listen to kpop but if you prefer study go study

• Fair enough I guess.

What Guys Said 8

• Ya man age 17 was a turning point for me in my life, I started getting confident, not so shy, working hard in school for grades, learning how to talk to girls and public speaking, started lifting, etc.
    So I'd encourage you to focus on those self-improvement, self-mastery type things. Instead of so much time wasters like TV and video games, etc.

Good luck!

• start popping open those books... college is around the corner

• I'm doing quite well in school already, but that doesn't mean I can't try even harder :D

• good, then you are in the clear mate... read on... and good luck

• Thank you :)

• Definitely put the focus on your future. Figure out what field of study u want to work in, and put in the necessary work and necessary steps.

If u need to go to college for your field, take the SAT, research colleges u want to go to, and apply for those colleges and for financial aid.

• Focus on what you want to focus on the most, it's your day, you choose. If I had exams on my birthday I'd pick 'studies'.

I'd pick physical fitness, because I like to exercise.

But now I finally managed to read the third option and that one is the final answer. You should work on your self confidence, it's the best option.
    But have fun, it's your day.

If you need help, ask me, ask the others, ask anyone..

• Always bring a towel

• Just came here to say that girl in the cover looks somewhat like @EmpatheticLady O. o

• Do tons of illegal shit.

18 is coming soon.

• How come? I thought ya were anti-music generally... nice surprise though..

Well... ma advice obviously'd be... listen to as much music as possible... I won't say more... here's a Seventeen song from me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odX4XkU9nnQ