At this time, ten years ago, what would you be doing differently?

Back in March, 2006, I was playing baseball as a high school Freshman for my high school's baseball team. I was also performing in a school play at the same time. I had JUST gotten my temporary driver's license, and I was having a great time in my life. I really miss this time period :(

Anyway, if I had to do one thing differently back in the Spring of 2006, I would have stood up to my baseball coach. My coach treated me unfair by benching me virtually every game-Even though I was a better Baseball player than some of the people who started every day. I wish I would have FOUGHT against him, and raised Hell about it. Unfortunately, I was more passive back then, and just "went with the flow." I still have a great time with the team, and we had the best record in our high school's Freshman history for Baseball.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have gone to College, and then work my butt off so I could have bought a house by now, but then if I had done that I wouldn't have had my two crazy and lovable boys! I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the decisions I made.

It sounds like your coach saw a lot of potential in you. He pushed you beyond your limit and you made history at your school freshman year... that's awesome

Most Helpful Guy

• At this time, ten years ago, I had just started my career proper in the rail industry. Almost everything got better from there - by the end of 2006, I owned my own home.

I would have taken the opportunity to try and fix the nascent problems in my relationship which built up and lead to it ending six years later.

What Girls Said 15

• I would be thinking about boys not liking me!

• I was 15 years old then. I think I would've tried to get in shape sooner. That's the only change. Everything else was fine.

• Going to bed because I'd have school in the morning. Instead I'm staying up to an irresponsibly late hour despite having to wake up early tomorrow morning.

ADULTING ~

• I thought I'd have significantly more money lol and probably be living in Korea because we were making plans on that. I'm glad I live where I do though.

• I would be getting ready to move from Pittsburgh to Florida. Going to Catholic school in like 4th grade. Hanging out with my neighbor kids. Playing Mario Party on gamecube with my sister and brother. Riding my bike. Crushing on this boy Chris. Aww 10 year old me xD

• I would do nothing differently. Misunderstood the question. I was a normal 10 year old who had a fun life xD

• That's cool!

Really, there isn't much I would do differently during my entire life.

• I feel like... becayse of the butterfly effect... I can really only wish for a do over on my most recent mistakes. And I haven't made huge ines recentky but I'm sure I will again eventually xD

• well 10 years ago i would be 5. i think that would put me in like 2nd or 3rd grade. i was offered to skip those grades so id push my parents on letting me advance grades. i honestly feel dumber lol

• On a school night in 2006, I would be doing homework and then when I'm done I'd pack my lunch box for school.
    During that time I was dreaming of becoming a ballerina still am, oh well the opportunity to register to become one didn't happen... :(

• I'd be 10 so probably climbing trees and playing out with my friends. :p
    I had such a happy childhood, wish I could go back ❤️

• Let's see, I had just turned 18 2 months ago, so I was probably out with friends.

• I'd be in bed. It's a school night and I was 10 years old. :)

• Right, but I asked what would you do DIFFERENTLY. Unless sleeping in bed is something you would have done differently.

• Maybe you need to do a question update bro. Most people are reading it the way I did.

• I guess it could be read either way, but if people closely read my description, they would see I meant differently for the time being.

• I would be out playing pool hanging with mates and working in a job I loved

• I would play video games when 10 years ago and... O wait I woukd be 4 years old...

• i was moving to a new town and was wearing a white and yellow tank top with a dalmatien on it, I was also crying cause I have to let my friend away from me and never see them again

• In 2006 I was almost completing my first year of college. I would have concentrated on a subject more and been less shy and awkward and painfully anxious in social settings. I didn't have a lot of confidence. I would have studied and gone into medical school and have gotten a doctorate or have done nursing. I have a degree but it's an English degree and kind of useless.

• I would have seen a mental health care professional. I denied something was wrong with me for years because I was holding it all together on the outside... But that can't endure and it devolved into being way worse than if I'd just faced it head on.

• What was the situation?

• Anxiety/depression or a mood disorder of some sort. A lot of people in my family have issues and my childhood was a mess... But I was total outward perfectionist for ages despite obvious secret problems. I ended up developing extreme panic disorder. I think if I'd seen someone earlier, I would've learned to cope before it got so far.

• It seems so silly, now, to avoid help because of some inner stigma.

What Guys Said 8

• Probably getting ready to go to a different college and studying something different than what I did.

• I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. Bleh, no thanks.

• I would've asked out this one girl that was interested in me.

• I'd be in grade school horsing around with my buddies.

• Struggling with homework in the 3rd grade

• So, you would struggle with homework to do something differently? Lol.

• Oh i didn't see the "differently" part

And nothing, I was still developing my English speaking skills

• I'd be in the military.

• Jerking off all the time

• I was probably being bullied