How come us guys aren't as obsessed with female celebrities as girls are with male celebrities?

It's not even comparable between the 2 genders when it comes to celeb crushes. Sure, there are many guys who do obsess over female celebs like Kim Kardashian for example but there seems to be way more girls who obsess over male celebs. I personally have had only one celeb crush my whole life and it was Jessica Alba way back in 2007.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 13

• I'd say that men on average put a bit more attention towards things like sports and hobbies, etc. than things like celebrities.

I almost want to say that women sort of come off as bigger dreamers in a sense. They also tend to eat up more entertainment based media and whatnot. I think they develop a crush on a celebrity and that sort of becomes their ideal, unrealistic version of what they want, however fleeting of a thought it may be.

I have no facts to back any of this up, but men probably develop more crushes on actual women they see in person and interact with than women do.

This all sort of feeds into the long standing theory that women find a smaller percentage of men attractive in general. If women are actually more picky in this regard, then it would make sense that their crushes and infatuations would be dominated more by these seemingly perfect celebrities.

• yeah, you are referring to the fangirls. They get obsessed with celebs like 1D and Biebs... Here they are in the video. In the wild lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YhOBw_lk18

to be fair guys have their versions too. The fanboys but they get obsessed with gaming consoles and other tech stuff.

• Because women like status and men like boobs.

• Girls love the fact that celebrities are "hot" and they want that. If a male celeb is attractive, than you can bet that there is a girl right behind him. Like 1D or Justin Bieber for example, neither one is one is good, girls only like them because they think they are attractive in status and style. That is my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that.
    Guys do obsess over that just as much as girls, especially sports.

• Hmmm, you kinda make a good point. I guess maybe it's because eventually guys grow up and realize women in Hollywood are just a lot of glam and sham, while females prefer to be dreamy over fake princes that thrill them. Sort of says something about character too.

• i think the reason why i dont is i have always thought of them as a normal person with different jobs, who i would never have a chance to meet or get to know. so why obsess over them

• Girls like status/fame. Those people get a lot of attention. Girls want attention, so they want to be like those people.

• I dont think I have ever had a celeb crush, its a waste of time.
    Celebs are people just like everyone else, I dont think they are important or better than anyone else.
    Yes it seems women are more into celebrities but who knows why.

• Why should I care about some rich person?

• I never had a celebrity crush.

• Men care about looks
    Women care about status

Looks are never worth obsessing over

• But women also care about looks. Haha. I guess it's more like men care about looks while women care about both looks and status. Jack Black has status but you don't see any girls obsessing over him now.

• Men for the most part are attracted by things directly present in a woman. Her looks and manner, her interest in him, most importantly her availability. Biologically this is because any healthy woman who will have you is worth having sex with. Males are really only out a little time and some protein.

Women have a more complex attraction instinct. Health and looks matter, status but key is his ability to get females interested in him. You can see how important this is to the female reproductive strategy. Having a child with a male who has the ability to mate with lots of women has a good chance of spreading her genes far and wide through her male children. So females have an instinct to find a male attractive if they perceive lots of other females find him attractive. This is true throughout the animal kingdom. It's why peacocks have elaborate tails.

Marketers recognize this tendency and use it to promote their products by convincing women other women find some boy band or celebrity attractive. The strategy works best on younger women. They try to get a mania going which feeds on itself. The idol male is attractive because he's perceived to be attractive to other women.

Women also run on an entirely different track where they want a man as a caregiver and protector. The conflict between these two impulses is why female attraction is so much more complicated.

• They don't appeal to me.