Girls, how to stop caring about what people think?

everytime i try to convince myself i don't care and do that whole pep talk thing... it never works. Truth is when someone says they don't like me, i start not liking myself too and whatever they say i believe. when a person likes me or makes a positive comment, i feel better about myself, as if my self worth comes from other people:/

4

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to validate yourself first and cast all judgments aside. You sound sweet and want to please those around you, but you aren't loving yourself unconditionally. A lot of the time what people say has nothing to do with you, it has everything to do with themselves and it could stem from jealousy and insecurities. We all have insecurities so it's best to embrace them, not resist them so that we can have power over our emotions instead of our emotions having power over us. In this way, eventually you won't seek validation from other people, because when you do that, you're allowing them to have power over you and even though the compliments feel good temporarily, you might find yourself seeking for further confirmation. And what they think about you doesn't define who you are. If you're aware enough, you can see that everything negative that people have said about you or to you, has shaped your life for the better in small ways so far. I hope this makes sense 😊

What Girls Said 3

• I think you are placing too much emphasis on other people. The way I see it is this way... so what if this person doesn't like me? What are they to me? Why should their opinion matter? Obviously it is important to hear people out for their reasons as there could be a problem you might not be aware of but if this person is simply not liking you for some reason that isn't really valid then it's important to know the person you are and realize that they really don't mean all that much in the greater scheme of things. A large part of not caring is really based on self love. If you love yourself a lot and are in tune with the person inside, nothing anyone says can shake you because you'll always know that you are loved and special.

• You are too young relax. With time you'll see that you're okay no matter what people say. What other people think of you is none of your business it's what you think of you that counts. Unfortunately this takes time and some people never outgrow allowing themselves to feel bad about themselves according to what somebody else thinks. It takes time and it takes was called self-actualization. Look it up and follow it. People think I'm not attracted then I know I'm smarter than if they think they're smarter than me than I know are more attractive than in any case scroll

• I think this comes with age... I just reached a point where it doesn't concern me. Just do you boo :)