Why is horse racing considered to be a sport?

To me its stupid and cruel just using horses to race and whip them. How about they race instead, and the horses get damaged bones etc its cruel. Horses have feelings just for stupid money. I read online that the horses are given drugs that's really terrible. I wish I could whip every single one of those cunts using horses for money.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Just you try to stop those horses from running. Thoroughbreds love to race. Why would you take that from them?

Horse owners love their horses. They are heartbroken whenever something happens to one of their babies.

You shouldn't make statements about things you haven't any clue about.

• Clearly you aren't a horse person. I'm guessing you're vegan?

What Guys Said 7

• In a couple other sports, we beat the shit out of each other until they have long-term brain and body damage. That seems much more cruel than horse racing.

• Even I don't understand, It's a good question.

• So what's your problem? It being a sport or that horses are being mistreated?
    Ever wondered where the bacon you keep munching all day comes from?
    Or do you just have a thing for horses?

• Bacon is not typically made from horse meat but sure.

• We need to bring back dog racing to replace horse racing - I mean we can make glue out of dogs just as easily!

Who wants to starve a bunch of pitbulls with me?

• Chess is also a sport

• Horse-racing as a sport would not exist if no-one wanted to bet on it. In that respect I don't regard it as a sport

• I don't see anything wrong with it, they love running and are well taken care of.

What Girls Said 1

• it started way back when horses could talk. They thought it was a sport and I loved it was like a race for them, like our mile-long race which is longer. So they use the place bets on each other. Other than racing that nothing else to say to each other so they over thousands of years lost the ability to talk (evolution) but when guys like the Lone Ranger and Tonto started riding horses that substituted for the horses talking to each other. And that is why horseracing became a sport for humans.