Would you cover up for a cheater if they were your family member?

You already know they're cheating on their spouse (whether it's in a relationship or marriage) but at the same time, the cheater is a family member.

It can be your sibling, your adult child, aunt/uncle, etc.

• No, I will not lie for a cheater (not even if it was my adult child cheating)
  • I would cover up for him/her... it's my family member
  • I would probably just stay out of it but I won't lie for them
  • Other, explain
The first option means you'll tell the one being cheated on that they're cheating... straight forward into being honest even if you have to rat on your child.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I would tell them to confess to their partner and hope for the best. I will not cover for them but I will also not get involved in between their own relationship issues.

What Guys Said 14

• I would probably keep my mouth shut, but I would also be very pissed for them putting me in that position. I hate being put into the position where I have to lie. If I know someone is cheating, they'll get one hell of a lecture from me. I'll tell them in no uncertain terms that they are a piece of shit and they broke a promise to their wife.

• i would tell them they need to come clean or i will feel compelled to tell the partner whats going on

• I'm always keeping my friends naughty shit a secret. I'm so open minded that my friends come to me with everything. Like my one friend wanted to go to a sex club without his fiancĂ©. im like "sure" but don't drink and wear a Condom. I must say though, I always lecture them as to why they want to cheat and do these things. I cover up for them but I also try help them. Female friends come to me too with their naughty shit too:) I know a girl tonight who is cheating.

• I'd try to convince them to break up with their partner but I wouldn't go and expose them directly.

• I wouldn't want to screw a family member over. I would pretend I know nothing.

• Any family member who does this is a piece of shit. I'd rat them out and even beat the crap out of them. Glad to say I don't have to worry about that at the moment.

• Yes. Absolutely.

I wouldn't like it, and I wouldn't let them off the hook easily when we're in private. But family is family, and I would never rat on one of my own.

• I would chew them out and encourage them to tell their partner the truth. The truth will set you free one way or another.

• I would not tell the person that is being cheated on, but I might say something to the cheater.

• I wouldn't cover it up for them but I wouldn't tell on them either because it's not my business

• Cover up? Nope, but I wouldn't go out of my way to say anything.

• I would confront them (as long as they're not, like, waaay older than me or something). Tell them what they've done wrong and that they should do to fix it. I wouldn't tell on them unless I felt it was necessary, but I'd try to get them back on the straight and narrow.

• I'd try to avoid having to lie but if I was asked I might lie

• I'd tell them to tell the truth to their spouse or I'd denounce them as my child and cut off any kind of support network. Can't have someone dirtying up the family name.

What Girls Said 4

• Definitely not. Cheating is wrong and I wouldn't feel good hiding that.

People might think it's funny or that it doesn't matter what someone does, but cheating really does hurt people. I couldn't stand by and just let a person get hurt like that.

I would first tell the person who cheated to come clean. If they refuse then I would try my best to expose them.

• Having been cheated on while other people knew but chose not to speak up... I would tell. It's a very hurtful feeling, and very embarassing: knowing that people have been whispering about you behind your back, and taking pity on you. And finding out that no one you trust or love had the guts to tell you is just as bad. The betrayal comes from all sides in that situation, and it's not pretty.

• Nope! i would tell them!

• I know my brother cheats his girlfriend with other girls but I don't really care. I'm not gonna tell her, it's none my business and I don't like her anyway lol