Witnessed a racial hate crime, what to do?

I was at a party and saw a group of 4 white frat guys beating up an Asian guy and calling him a gook. They then took a passed out Asian girl who was with him and one of them said, "I'm gonna fuck your sister's asshole, chink". I want to report this as a hate crime, but my best friend is in the same frat and it wouldn't look good on him for ratting his frat brothers out. What to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should have gotten them out of there first so they're safe, and then call the cops. Don't pussy out of doing something right just because your friend is in some racist frat and you don't want him out. He should have enough sense to get out of it on his own if he's a good person after witnessing such a thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough knowing your best friend is part of that group nevertheless you should report this to the police or any criminal justice agencies they consider all hate crimes to be very serious

What Girls Said 8

• Of course you tell the police.

• Report it to the cops

• Report it.

• omg... Partying huh?😝👻🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻🍾 call da cops always call 9-wun-wun Jesus christ

• Dude, you're not funny. So stop trying to be funny.

• And by the way when u said partying I thought of drunkin and having fun so I type what comes inn my mind first

• And 9 wun-wun reminded me of a YouTuber.. And Jesus Christ reminded me of that vine I go all over da damn place

• report it. if it was you or your girl wouldn't you want someone to help you.

• Video tape... dude... you need evidence... Those guys need a good ass poke with black dildos

• THE BIGGEST BLACK DILDOS HE CAN FIND!

• Asker, you should film it secretly with your iphone next time.

• Go to the police, obviously...

• You should report it. Talk to an administrator at school and ask if you can report it anonymously.

What Guys Said 12

• This sounds like a troll, but if it's true, you should obviously go to the police.

• Given that alleged racial insults against non-whites make front page news, I call bullshit on this. Pics or it didn't happen.

• Justice should be served, those who do wrong should be punished. Or you can let the guilt eat you out

• That's fucked up. I'd report it. I don't think my friends would be cool with being associated with those people.

• Obviously call the cops. What else?

• hmmm
    this is compromising right and wrong situation
    its clear what you should have done
    i dunno if i were you what i have done but the right action is clear

• who gives a fuck? rat him out, and frankly why not make the campus safe for ALL? what kind of frat is that that allows that anyhow?

• What is this a Vietnam flashback?

• do it anyway. dont question your morals no matter who the friend is.

• You spineless bastard. Your friends reputation with a frat is more important to you than bringing those fucking rapists to justice? You actually have to consider what to do in this scenario? Disgusting.

• u should have farted. they would pass out ha ha fucking white monkeys. these white monkeys only show off in front of Asian gentlemen. those fucking white monkeys hide their tails in front of black guys. the black guys would beat the white monkeys with his monster dick ha ha. the mothers, sisters, girl friends and wives of white monkeys pay black guys to fuck them. ha ha.

• Seriously suspecting this isn't true but if it is? You witnessed assault and rape and you're wondering about how it would reflect on your friend?

Grow some effing balls already and go do the right thing.