Do you agree with this?

Do you agree with this?

0|1
2|11

Most Helpful Guy

• This is yet another case of a non-Westerner complaining that no one in the West is paying attention to what's happening in Syria and other places while at the same time, we immediately start talking massively about whenever something happens in Europe.
    The typical claim is that Europeans and Americans are apathetic towards the Middle East or Africa. But that's bullshit. Think of it this way - what happened in Brussels is closer to home. It's in Europe. Belgium is a country with a culture similar to many other European and North American cultures. Westerner care because Belgium is IN the West.

If a house burns down in a neighboring city - you won't even know. You won't even care. But if the house next door catches fire, you damn well will care.

So yes, I will metaphorically pray (I'm not religious) for Belgium while not doing so for Syria. Why? To put it bluntly and somewhat offensively - I don't care about Syria. Syria wouldn't care if Latvia had a civil war too. But Belgium is a place I can relate to some small extent. So I care about it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Pray for who ever you want. Most people don't even pray at all.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Every time a western city is attacked there are always these people who come out asking for people to pray or help the people suffering in the NE.

It really rubs me the wrong way. It isn't that i dont think we need to assist the people of the NE, but i think that you people go about it in the wrong way. Frankly, it comes off as if you wish to disregard what has happened in the west and draw more focus back to the NE. The fact of the matter is, if you live in the west, you will see more about the west on the news. Just like someone living in Asia will hear more about Asia in the news than they will about africa.
    It isn't racism or some western-superiority play, its just the news and what the people want to hear about.

As for the people of the NE, i believe they need to solve the problems they have. The Kurds have taken a stand against radical Islam, and many other militias have formed to try and stabilize the region. But until the people of the NE decide to work together and stabilize the region, it cannot be done. The west nor the far east nor africa can solve the problems of the NE; the change must come from within.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who is suffering should be prayed for. The reason why people might pray more ardently for the victims of the Brussels terrorist attack is because things like that are not everyday realities for them.

Again, everyone should be prayed for, but people who live on the streets or don't have food have likely been dealing with those sufferings for a while. A tragedy like Brussels is a sudden and violent incident.

0|0
    0|0
  • why the fuck don't people just pray for everyone?

you got a prayer count or some shit?

not referring to you @asker lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Leaving their homes with no destinations. Yeah right. They leave their homes with pockets full of money and of course their selfie stick to come and invade our countries. No specific destination. Just Europe and one of its lands that promises free house, free food, free heat and 350 euro a month for every person, everything payed by us of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many cameras and not enough food, this is what we've seen... driven to tears-Sting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most of the people think about the Syrians as biggest victims. But the thing is that the media and the people will pay more attention to the attacks in brussels or paris due to the fact that it's closer to our homes and an uncommon situation

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not just make a simple sincere prayer for all?

0|0
    0|0
  • Pray for humanity. Let's build better society without war.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Many of the people who die fighting the Syrian government are terrorists associated with groups like ISIS so I don't feel bad for them and the Syrian people started this Civil War so all of the suffering that they've gone through is their fault. Also, Syrian "refugees" are spreading violence and misery across Europe so there's no reason to feel any sympathy for people who come from the same country and share their beliefs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pray all you want - there's no one listening, because there is no one on the "other end"

http://godisimaginary.com/i1.htm

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Your prayers do nothing but give yourself inner peace.

0|0
    0|0