Okay gag people do you open up to people and how long it takes you?

Some people have no problem opening up me on the other hand opening up is very hard plus limited. I have always been like this my whole life. I open up little by little. Who is like me? Plus I don't say all I believe somethings should be kept to yourself. What do you think?

• 1 week
  • 3 weeks
  • 1 month
  • 2 or 3 months
  • 6 months

Most Helpful Guy

• think it varies on the people, some you can almost a feel a connection with so you open up quicker than someone you don't feel a connection with

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• Um. We're talking years, here, not months or weeks. In person, I won't tell anyone a single piece of semi-valuable personal information. I don't trust anyone with anything.

• Okay @scuff1986 & @coolbreeze2 answer my question please. :-)

• most people mean well... You just have to learn to unclinch your buttonhole

• @MimTcgraw Most people are ignorant, overly emotional bags of assumptive misinterpretation and virulent pettiness, who will turn on you in the blink of an eye, over nothing.

It's not about being uptight or not. It's about subconsciously repressing--or actively choosing--to see what you don't want to see; or, being perceptive enough to notice the hamster wheels turning as they succumb to jealousy or resentment or envy or anger or fear or whatever else.

• I'm very much a people-person that likes to emotionally connect with people, so I get comfortable with and open up to people rather quickly. Definitely above-average, probably around the 90 percentile of "quickness to open up emotionally to ppl".

To be honest this is probably my biggest cons with dating; I don't have the patience to handle women who have a long "emotionally opening up" phase. I lose interest during this long process, and my emotional openness has intimidated and scared some women away (including on GaG), having me sometimes labeled as "creepy" / "invasive".

• For me it takes a while for me to to open up to someone new unless I get the sense/feel I can trust you or something which has only happens once early on. Other wise you have to earn my trust and me opening up to you.

• depends on what I want to share, but for the most part, I can open up about 90% easily

• I typically tend to open about most of my problems within a few weeks or so upon meeting a person. Of course, the criteria has to entail me liking the person in the first place. However, I usually don't tell anyone about my utmost deepest problems. Even my good friends don't know.

• Only to those I get along with! I can tell who's trustworthy and who's not :)

• It might seem like I'm warming up but it takes me a few months to relax around new people.

• No set time. It depends how comfortable I am with the person and how much I trust them. Some people it may never happen.

• its been so long since i did in a relationship i have no idea but probley as soon as i know it will last

• If the person is consistently comfortable to be around, I can open up little by little, but if I see even a little bit of things that point that they aren't as good as they seem, then I'll drop out quicker, people say, things like "but they are only human" you can be as "only human' as your mind or yourself as an individual wants you to be.

• I'm a bit paranoid, and have met a lot of people, most of them unfortunately relegated to the depths of my memory, so I've kind pulled back a bit so I can build closer ties to people I'm around a lot.

• depends how much i click with them, rarely do i tell all, occasionally i meet someone i want to open up to and connect to.

• I'm a pretty open and straight forward guy. I could meet you within an hour and we'd be chatting up a storm. Just don't approach me in a hella creepy way and we're fine.

• Slowly at first, but once I get comfortable the flood gates will bust

If we click, ill open up faster

• 6+ months. can't help it.
    around 1 month -ish, im like a braille book,
    you can read me (really good at times, also really bad at times),
    but your limited by the braille.
    thats why im scared of blind people. they know stuff..

• I generally open up to guys quickly if I sense that their personality allows it and they have no trouble doing the same. With most girls I'm more cautious, especially when there's a mutual attraction going on.

• I enjoy being a mystery and I throw people off to mess with them

I'm selective on who I open up to. I need to feel no judgement from the individual.

• That is the worse the judgment.

• You just get a vibe from certain people if they are judging you or just being nice and friendly. I can feel it right away as I'm very weird and socially awkward. That being said I can be extremely nice one day but rub me the wrong way once and I become cold and distant.

• Omg!! You sound like me.. lol!!

• depends on the person. If its a teacher , almost never. If its a peer , instantly.

• I actually was looking for the option "in few years" but then again you don't have it

• 20s and you'll have my life story. I am so boring I have nothing to really hide.

• Years. I hate talking about myself even to my friends.

• I'm a pandoras box, I won't open up but when I do then almost everything will come out.

• takes me one minute brother. I know how to read people fast

• I'm an open book.

• Depends on the person. I generally open up to everyone but in different ways.

• I am open to people about 5 seconds before I meet them. Got nothing to hide.

• It's not really about hiding it's about taking it slow and seeing what kind of person your opening up to. Well at least it's like that to me I know everyone is different.

• It depends on how I feel that day too

• It takes me much, much, much longer than six months

• I'll open up to nobody about ma personal secrets... otherwise I don't give a shit I'd open up by da first time I saw someone...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 25

• Deep Deep opening up? lol Thats take awhile but if it first encounter I give it up a few weeks to get to know you. And than you kinda figure out who I am!

• it depends on the person but for the most part I'm closed off for at least a month. i could open up in a week if they were something else.

• About 2-3 months. It really depends how fast the friendship is moving and how soon they start opening up

• I talk with everyone, sometimes too much, I like to speak in public, I make jokes.. Though I don't bond with people easily, I don't make friends. I don't go into too much of an effort, I think that should come naturally, I' m afraid I'll seem clingy. You could say I'm an ambivert

• I do the same as u, little by little. Depending on the person I can open up a little faster than others. But I have trust issues. Huge trust issues. And it makes it really hard to open up. I would love to b able to open up and share my emotions and life experiences and everything else but I hold myself back bc I'm terrifide and I feel as though I just can't say any of it. Whenever I try to share things I sound like an idiot bc I can't get it out. So opening up to people is really hard for me and can take me a while

• Sometimes it's best to just keep to yourself or baby steps as I say very slow.

• Opening up to whom? Do you mean like opening up as in when it comes to being in a relationship? Or do you mean opening to just any kind of person you meet?

For me I'm weird since I'm extremely open. Yet at the same time I keep a lot of personal things from everyone ex for my boyfriend.

• Telling my darkest secrets? Never. There's some things that I haven't even told my best friend of 6 years or my boyfriend. It's just not something I see as important to tell or worth telling.

• I didn't vote because it really depends on the other person and environment we met, etc. There are a few people that I seem to connect so easily and it's so easy to talk to them, and then there are others who doesn't.
    I also think that I open up more easily/faster to online friends, than real life ones. But that's understandable, I guess. Everyone feels more comfortable hiding behind a computer.

• by the way, I'm talking about REALLY open up. With real life people, I need time for that (spending time with them builds trust and makes you feel more at home as times passes). Trivial convos I usually can do with everyone.

• Pretty easily, about general things. If I like shit you'll know. If I don't like shit, you'll also know.
    Feelings and shit? I keep them in a little bottle and that's where they'll stay.

• Great advice I wish I could keep my feelings in a bottle.. lol

• i voted one week cuz i love that song but truly it varies. if im being totally honest its gonna be based on my first impression of the person. generally speaking if you ask me a question ill answer (and i never lie unless i think the truth would hurt the persons feelings). there's things i still haven't told my best friends tho. either cuz they haven't asked or cuz i didn't think theyd need or wanna know. it just depends on who im talkin to

• That's totally understandable and you shouldn't have to tell your best friends everything I don't either. Somethings should be kept to yourself I believe.

• well quite honestly ill answer anything someone asks me. its just a matter of when i answer lol

• Haha! Got you :-)

• A looong time, like 6 months or more. Though my guy friend I'm open with because he's open with me and we're basically the same person so I feel that he understands me. Not to mention, guys don't blab as much as girls...

• Well it depends on the guy I have met some worse then women and love to gossip.. lol!

• Hardly. I still feel uncomfortable being vulnerable and personal around my closest friend and I've known her for 6+ years now

• It depends honestly. A few weeks to a couple months maybe.

• I am fairly reserved. I do not easily open up to people

• I'm an open book all the time. it doesn't take too long for me to be 99% open

• I never open up. I probably open up more on this website than I do in person

• really quickly but i'm basically an open book, once i connect with someone i connect with them. trusting them with my deepest darkest secrets? no

• Ohh. Good question. It takes a long time for me... Maybe more then 6 months

• Thank you!
      You just have to be very careful who you open up to honestly. :-\

• I don't mind talking about problems in general but I usually don't personally open up to people I meet online

• I think everything should be limited unless the person is special to you.

• It takes me a long time.

• at least a year on average

• I don't have a set date. But whenever I feel comfortable to open up. When it feels right

• It takes me a lot of time since I have trust issues. Maybe if the person was really special..

• My life is incredibly boring, but I have a hard time opening up to people. No clue why.

• For me, it has taken as little as a day as as long as my entire life. It's true.