When a person accidentally runs someone over & kills them, would you rather be the person who dies, or the driver (who has to live with the guilt)?

It happened at my mom's work today.
A 40 year old woman was walking home from work when a man was pulling into the parking lot and accidentally ran her over. He thought he'd run over a trashcan but then realized it was a person and started screaming for help.
The woman was brought to the hospital. Later in the evening found out she died.

It's such a tragedy on both ends.

• I'd rather be the person who is run over and killed
  • I'd rather be the person who accidentally run someone over
The massive gender difference (with many more women than men saying they'd rather be killed than to accidentally kill) is interesting..

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• I understand that its a tremendous amount of guilt, but its still better than being dead.

Thinking that way is borderline suicidal.

• Be the person who ran over someone by accident. I think most people here are bullshitting no one wants to die.

• Kill me.
    Take me to heaven.
    Chill.

• Better me dead than someone else

• Doesn't matter to me.

• I'd rather be dead, I hate life.

• Dead woman has no worries. I would rather be her.

• Since my life doesn't matter anyway, the one who dies.

• Don't say that pls. There's always new adventures to explore in this majestic world :)

• @melmel1 Of course. It's basic logic. The idea that life matters, presumably human life is an unjustified assumption.

• Not only human life, but every being that has life ( the tallest mountain to an ant) I find valuable. But hey, I won't argue with you. You can't push the cart sideways.

• Running someone over is so much more fun than a squirrel or mouse, there's more crunch.

• Really people? You would all rather die than accidentally cause another person to do so? You're all unfit as human beings were it not for the different cognitive centers at play for direct and indirect action.

E. g. See trolley experiment.

What Girls Said 0