Have you ever almost died from a medical condition or accident or something?

I'm still young but I've come very close to dying at least 6 times so far because of various medical conditions and their complications so I'm curious how many of you have narrowly escaped death.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was 11 days old I suffered a stroke that almost killed me. Doctors said if I survived I would be severely mentally retarded (90's terminology) and unable to care for myself. Then they told my parents that on top of that, I'd be deaf.

Sucks to suck for them 'cause I made a full recovery and am a fully functioning adult.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got you beat at 7 1 hit by a car 2 bitten by a rattle snake 3 medication mix up 4 car crash 5 fell of a roof 6 shot in a hunting accident and 7 hit by lightning

• You should probably stay in your house from now on if all that's true

• @WpCurious all of them

• Damn... great choice you made then to stop drinking.

What Girls Said 7

• a car accident yeah. thankfully i got away with nothing but a concussion and a few glass shards in my skin.

• I had febrile seizures as a child so I almost died numerous times. There have been close calls with car accidents etc. (for example, we ended up leaving late to go somewhere, but when we got close to wherever there was a 20 car pile up that had just happened the hour before). I could have very easily died every single time I went flying over my horse's head if I had landed wrong.

• Yeah.. I've been there several times due to a medical condition.

• I am lucky to be alive after the car accident I got in a year ago but other than that, thankfully, I don't think I've ever come near death.

• I almost drowned. Twice.

• Once in the ocean. I was jumping over waves and one knocked me down. I kept trying to get up and they kept coming. I couldn't get my footing to stand and I started to panic. A big one came and like swallowed me up and I took in a bunch of water. I remember feeling dizzy and then feeling tired. But I kept trying to get up. I guess my family didn't see me or figured out that I was in trouble because I remember my dad grabbing me and pulling me out.

The other time was in my cousins pool. They pressured me into playing chicken. We went down the wrong way and I can't swim. I panicked. Again lol.

• I had a seizure once and had to be resuscitated.

• I almost got hit by a car, but the car stopped

What Guys Said 3

• Well I narrowly avoided a car accident that would have without a doubt killed me if it had happened, I've almost been killed by drunk/idiot drives twice and been in 1-2 car accidents though the actual car accidents weren't that bad luckily.

• I have / had a blood clot near my prostate from stress. I still bleed out sometimes from stress

• iv'e been very close to dying because of my life problems, by committing suicide.